Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermitent problem saving 3D files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
roger.renfrow
397 Views, 3 Replies

Intermitent problem saving 3D files

I keep getting the "One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format..." error when working with AutoCAD 2013 and 2014 -only with 3D files - big or small. Files for the r2013 are saved as r2007 files, and r2014 as r2013. Sounds weird, but there are reasons. R2013 is on Windows7 on a network, r 2014 is on Windows8, stand alone. Both have 8gig memory and loads of HD space. The files are 100% AutoCAD, with nothing imported and nothing out of the ordinary has been added. Just solids, arcs and lines. I try to save, and get the error, and I noticed the visual styles changes to 'Current' and can't be changed. I've tried saving to different AutoCAD formats - DWG and DXF. I've tried WBLOCK, and exporting to different file types. I have also tried COPYCLIP, but get an error message for everything. I end up closing the file and losing data.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
asutton
in reply to: roger.renfrow

I have the exact same problem. AutoCAD 2014.

I had a client sitting over my shoulder, made me look highly unprofessional.
Message 3 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: asutton

Hi,
If you have enough disk space in saving location (for local location) and if you have no network problems (if you save file to some network location), then:
Have you tried to run AUDIT command to fix potential errors in the drawing?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 4
rrenfrow
in reply to: maxim_k

Yep.  Tried AUDIT.  (I tend to AUDIT a lot, since I deal with decades old DWG's at work.) I can't remember what the results were, except that they were unsatisfactory.   I've also tried letting it just sit for an extended period of time, in case there was some band-width issues or something that might correct itself.

And there's 711GB free space locally, and no records of network or PC connectivity problems from the Admin.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost