Did you mean: 

Installing autocad into an image

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kevibarr
348 Views, 3 Replies

Installing autocad into an image

Hi,

I am building an lab image to install onto 125 systems. My question is how can install autocad without users encountering installing first run and installing language packs. In the olds days of XP I used to run all the autodesk software as administrator and then copy the administrator profile over to the default user profile and that would be all the "first run" taken care off.

Now when I build my image and run the autodesk software and then sysprep (windows 7) the system. Anyone who logs on has to go through the inital startup run. It is very time consuming in a class room enviroment with limited teaching time.

Has anyone any advice on this issue. Sorry for the rambling style of the post.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ampster401
in reply to: kevibarr

My guess is that is to be expected and should happen.  Regardless of how the software is installed, whom ever logs in as a different person other than the person who setup the image - the OS and software need to setup stuff within that specific users OS profile in order for everything to work as expected.

You might have better luck over in the Installation & Licensing forum;

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/bd-p/24

HTH

Message 3 of 4
tq1918
in reply to: kevibarr

With this I start up 9 seconds faster.  

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Startup...

space/nologo after file extention name.  

Message 4 of 4
kevibarr
in reply to: ampster401

Thanks for the replies, I will check in the Installation & Licensing forum.

Kevin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost