AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

KEPelton
Message 1 of 3 (214 Views)

Installing AutoCAD from multiple suites and using all the licenses available

214 Views, 2 Replies
10-31-2012 09:44 AM

Hi.

We have 2 licenses for Building Design Suite 2013, and 1 license for Infrastructure Design Suite 2013, both of which have basic AutoCAD. So in theory, we should have 3 licenses of basic AutoCAD.

I installed Infrastucture Design Suite first and now the installer for Building Design Suite will not install AutoCAD as it detects that it is already installed. I get that, but how am I able to use those licenses for AutoCAD?

What I think is happening is that User1 is in Civil 3D, taking up our one Infrastrucure Suite license. But as User2 tries to open AutoCAD, it says there is not a license available, even when we should have 2 more licenses from the Building Design Suite.

How can I use the three licenses for AutoCAD that we bought? The other software in the suites work fine under the proper licenses since they do not have duplicates.

The suites are network licensed with a license server.

Thanks.

-Kyle

*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 2 of 3 (198 Views)

Re: Installing AutoCAD from multiple suites and using all the licenses available

10-31-2012 10:23 PM in reply to: KEPelton
Let me guess, you obtained the license files yourself and combined them manually yourself?

Don't.

Call 1-800-551-1490 and get Autodesk to make a single file that contains all of your licenses. They have to be combined in a very particular manner for cascading to function.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 3 of 3 (188 Views)

Re: Installing AutoCAD from multiple suites and using all the licenses available

11-01-2012 06:38 AM in reply to: mathewk

all the licenses need to be generated on the same day

whats the error code your getting when you launch autocad?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.