Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input Insanity

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BuckWyckoff
183 Views, 1 Reply

Input Insanity

I'm a VERY longtime ACAD user (1987) and it sucks to have my productivity trashed every time I upgrade.  I don't know what this dynamic....I don't even know what to call it.....input junk is.  I'm trying to draw a 3DPOLY.  I snap to some contruction lines and it's taking cues off a solid with a diagonal groove subtracted from it and segments I'm trying to draw go off at an angle even when I specifically filter XYZ snap each component, yet the result draws off at some stupid angle.  If I start the process snapping off another object's corner then the lines go off orthoganal to the UCS, like I want, but when I snap to the intersection of a circle and line, the ortho lines run off at an angle in some weird way.  I don't even know how to find it in the help because I don't know what the heck is going on.  I should be hauling in my modeling, instead I flailing about with the interface doing everything it can to thwart my efforts.  This is seriously bad.

Also, my UCS's should be showing up in every viewport.  They might appear in the active viewport (I work in QUAD), but disappear when I activate another.  They don't show up in other viewports.  If I redraw, the UCS appears.  I use UCS's and make all the viewports reflect the UCS I have defined so that I can see what's going on and apply the appropriate point filter as I construct 2D & 3D polys.   All this worked fine in 2014.  It's all going to hell in 2015.  (Using a Kepler K5000 Card.)  The System VAR's are all correct, it's just not behaving.

I suggust "dubious"  productivity improvements are implemented in new versions off....then tell me about them....let me decide to try them and keep them or not.  Instead, all this crazy stuff is happening and figuring out how to turn it off is nearly impossible.  I get everything dialed in and then a new version comes along and everything goes out the window.  Stop making it so dang difficult to unravel the mystery of what the heck's going on.

Yes, I'm upset because I have work to do.  I waste far too much time on things like this!!!   

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BuckWyckoff
in reply to: BuckWyckoff

I've now noticed that the solid under the construction lines I'm snapping to highlight a part of the solid while I'm snapping to other construction lines (the construction lines aren't even in sync with any part of the solid) and the ortho mode ignores the UCS and is relative to the highlighted solid portion that was in effect whan I snapped to the construction lines.  I don't want the solid to be part of the equation at all.  Why does it thrust it's presence in my way while I'm trying to do something else?  I suppose it could be useful.  More useful when I pre-select that component when I want to work relative to it's geometry, not that non-related object sub-components highlight and mess up my actions whether I want it to or not. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost