Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014 Install issue

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
rgiroux
2751 Views, 10 Replies

Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014 Install issue

I’ve been having bunch of problems deploying out 2014 suite to pre-existing systems. Installs fine on fresh Windows 7 systems but errors out on systems with Civil 3D 2011 already installed.  Was getting bunch of additional errors but was able to get through most. The one I'm currently stuck at is Error 25541 during Civil 3D 2014 portion of the install. I will attach the error message on the post. I have uninstalled Civil 2011 and components. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: rgiroux

You might also try posting this in the Installation and Licensing and/or Civil 3D forum(s).

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 11
TravisNave

It might help more to post the installation log.

Make sure that when installing, you have local admin rights, UAC is off, and anti-virus is disabled.  Also, do not choose to install additional updates, if available, with the installation.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 11
braudpat
in reply to: TravisNave

Hello

Have you the same problem if you have completely un-installed the old CIVIL 2011 and Reboot ?

I have a Dell Precision 64 bits 8 Gb Win Seven Pro 64 bits where I have installed Infra Design Suite Ultimate (IDSU) 2012 French then the IDSU 2013 French then the IDSU 2014 French without any significant problem ...

So now I have CIVIL 2012 & 2013 & 2014 operationnal ... And I have also good old MAP 2010 & MAP 2011 running ...

I think there is something specific to your PC !?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
walkermacy

I am encountering this exact same error. The "UPI" folder, which contains the "upiconfig.xml" file, is completely missing from the folder indicated in the error message, and it's missing from the deployment folder as well as the original IDS 2014 install media. I just completely re-downloaded the install media for it to make sure it wasn't missing due to some weird download corruption, and it's not in there at all. there are "UPI" folders in a number of other installation source folders for various components of the Suite, but not for Civil 3D. It appears that all of those files and folders are supposed to be copied from the install media or deployment cache to the "C:\Program Files" folder during the first part of the installation and then accessed during the configuration stage.

I would post the install log but it says pretty much exactly the same thing, at the very end.

It's obvious enough what the problem is, the question is how to fix it? I do not encounter this issue when doing a direct install from media, only with using a custom deployment. The .dll files in all the "UPI" folders are the same, but the "upiconfig.xml" files vary depending on the application being installed, so I can't just copy one from another folder and see if that fixes it. I am going to try copying the missing files from a successful install from the media (not deployment) into my deployment folder. Hopefully that resolves the issue and I can at least use my deployments.

Message 6 of 11
mromeo

I am having the same issue. Has anyone found a fix?

ExecXmlConfig: Error 0x8007006e: failed to load XML file: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\en-US\UPI\UpiConfig.xml
MSI (s) (84!E8) [14:37:15:521]: Product: Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 -- Error 25541. Failed to open XML file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\en-US\UPI\UpiConfig.xml, system error: -2147024786

Message 7 of 11
rdelbian

Has this been resolved yet?  I am having the same issue with my deployment. 

Does anyone know where to put the UPI folder in the deployment?

Thanks

Message 8 of 11
mromeo

I haven't found a fix yet but.

I rebuilt my deployment and changed one setting. I changed my license from a Network to single license and my error went away. Which leads me to think that the error has something to do with the licensing server on my end.

I am deploying a new licensing server in a few weeks for AutoCAD products. I will try and report back to confirm if that really did fix my issue.

Message 9 of 11
rdelbian
in reply to: mromeo

I had the same experience as walkermacy, though. The setup works fine if you install from the media even if you point it to a license server so that would lead me to believe that it's not a licensing issue. I was able to successfully manually copy the UPI folder to the specified location during the installation and did not get this same error. The install did fail for other reasons that I haven't beeen able to figure out though.

I really don't want to go from workstation to workstation installing from the media....

Message 10 of 11
rdelbian

just as an FYI...  I scripted a batch file to create the civil 3d 2014 directory and subdirectories and copy the appropriate UPI folder and files before the installation.  I got the UPI folder and files from an installation done from the install media.  It seems to have worked.

edit:  to clarify....  I only created the   "\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\en-US\UPI"  folder structure.   just the 3 files were copied to the UPI folder.

Message 11 of 11
walkermacy
in reply to: rdelbian

@rdelbian wrote:

I had the same experience as walkermacy, though. The setup works fine if you install from the media even if you point it to a license server so that would lead me to believe that it's not a licensing issue. I was able to successfully manually copy the UPI folder to the specified location during the installation and did not get this same error. The install did fail for other reasons that I haven't beeen able to figure out though.

I really don't want to go from workstation to workstation installing from the media....

that was my experience as well. I copied the missing folder from a successful install direct from media, to the deployment folder location, and in the next round of testing that error did not occur, but other ones did afterward and the installation did not complete. I have not had time to pursue this further.

the idea I have right now is to create a deployment with licensing set as "standalone", based on what mromeo said, and then once it has completed, modify the deployment to use "network" licensing instead. that's assuming that the folder gets created in the correct location during the initial deployment creation, of course.

AUTODESK: please fix this...it's really annoying.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost