Did you mean: 

Indirect contour drawing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
292 Views, 3 Replies

Indirect contour drawing

Hi,

I am sorry for my language skills, but I just learn englisch. Few days ago I received a plan of some surface:

warstwice.png

Between contour 215 and 220 I have 5 meters, 3 lines - the distance between them is 1.25m. My teacher said, that I have to make indirect contours with 1m distance between them - I need to draw another 4 contour lines, but I have no idea how to generate such line that will be in 1/5 distance betwen i.e. contour 215 and 216,25. I hope, you understood what I mean.

I use AutoCad 2013. Please help me.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
drjohn
in reply to: 846246

IF I understood the question, if the contour lines are plines wouldn't dividing the space between the contours (1.25/4) and using that as an offset distance work?

Am I missing the mark?

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 4
in reply to: drjohn

If I understood good your post I try to reply.

kola.png

I tried to move the line in way that you are describing but, I noticed that i.e. distance between two contours in first ellipse is another than in second one. Would be amazing if I could move whole line point by point (one line has several points; all contours are splines). Can I do this or there is no such tool?

Message 4 of 4
hgasty1001
in reply to: 846246

Hi,

The only reasonable way to generate a new contour curve is interpolating using the slope between curves.

Gaston Nunez

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost