Did you mean: 

Improve Tool Palette Speed

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Steven
3732 Views, 6 Replies

Improve Tool Palette Speed

Recently Migrated from acad 2014 to 2015 and one of the biggest issues I've noticed is that now the tool Palettes are DREADFULLY slow to switch from one 3D palette to another (set-up has 2D and 3D palettes for different purposes), it can take upwards of 2 minutes to generate a palette group.

Palettes are on a network and responded quickly in 2014, but it seems that 2015 decided to change how palette icons generate. Some of the 3D palette groups have upwards of 1000 items in them, some palettes have more than 300 items.

My question, therefore, is:

Is there any way of improving the speed at which tool palettes generate and switch? or is it possible to disable the tool image generation?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
prakowitz
in reply to: Steven

Are these custom Tool Palettes that are loading slow or default autocad palettes?
Message 3 of 7
Steven
in reply to: prakowitz

default ones loaded in a (more or less) expected timeframe, but custom palettes load slowly, either locally, or on a networked location.

Message 4 of 7
prakowitz
in reply to: Steven

We have had this problem for years also. Our tool palettes are on the network and are shared by 125 plus users. Finally after 3 yrs, many headaches and counting sheep while waiting for the next Tool Palette tab to open.

We figured out a method that works for us. 

In your file support path under the the Tool Palettes file location the is pointed to the location you save your custom palettes (ex. O:\acad\ToolPalette)

this path is looking at your AcTpCatalog.atc file. With in the ToolPalette folder is a Palette folder that host the .atc file that represent each tab on the tool palette.

What we did was take our file location on folder further (ex. O:acad\toolpalette\Palettes) so its looking at the actual tool palette tab atc files. 

IT WORKED!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

In the past I have read many post and contacted Autodesk on the issue plus our Autocad distributor. No one had an answer. This may not be the preferred solution,  but it does work for us and has not caused any issues with any of our users or our palettes.

hope this helps

Message 5 of 7
SmithDD

That is awesome!!!   That totally worked just to move it one directory closer to where the actual palette files are located and I moved it to the top.  Thanks for taking the time to post that nugget out here for the rest of us. 

Message 6 of 7
CADmgrMike

You rock!!!Smiley Happy

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 7 of 7
MARKEVERETT7115

Wow!! Thanks for the great tip. I have been dealing with this for so long and now it finally works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost