Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing/Compling two Drawings with the same coordinate system

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
433 Views, 4 Replies

Importing/Compling two Drawings with the same coordinate system

We currently utilize AutoCAD for our mine mapping purposes. I recently had a seismic study performed to determine the top of salt. I asked for a .dwg file of the contours that were developed. The .dwg file they provided does not have our autoCAD map on it. They are simply contour lines. These contour lines, however, have the same coordinate system as our mine map. The surveyor and I provided coordinate data to the company to develop the contour lines. I would like to lay these contours into our mine map. How do I import the contour .dwg file into our mine map file so that they lay exactly where they should?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Drag and drop their drawing into your drawing and type in 0,0,0

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Thanks for the reply. I attempted this and the image gets dropped far from the map. Could this be a scaling issue? If so, how do I determine the necessary scale that the drawing that I am dropping in should be scaled to?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

It does not drop the image in the correct spot and the scale is incorrect. It is much smaller than it should be.

Message 5 of 5
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

The other company got to have some ideas where the section corners or benchmark that they used to draw up the contours, you could send your base drawing to them and have them overlay their maps to the correct coordinates.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost