Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing cbt files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jkovaly
2046 Views, 2 Replies

importing cbt files

In need to install the cbt file "monochrome thin" in AutoCAD 2015.  I have the file from my AutoCAD 2012 but when I install it in 2015 the file is not recognized. 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: jkovaly

Do you mean CTB (plot style table) If yes, what do you mean by "install it"? Be very specific and to what and where.

Also, did you know a DWG file can either be STB or CTB? never both, are you sure your file is setup to see the CTB? CONVERTPSTYLES is the command to flip a DWG file, read all about it in HELP.
Message 3 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: jkovaly

If you have a Cad Manager who handles udating the printers and templates I would ask them first.

In order for 2015 to be able to find the ctb file it needs to be mapped to the folder location containing the ctb file in OPTIONS.

From within 2012 (if you still have it installed), enter STYLESMANAGER @ command line. 

This will open Windows explorer to the file location where AutoCad is currently finding the ctb files.

In 2015 version enter OPTIONS @ command line > Files Tab > Printer Support File Path > Plot Style Table Search Path > Specify the folder containing your ctb files here.

Also verify the Printer Configuration Search Path and the Printer Description Search Path's are looking where they should be.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost