Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported pdfs - some are plotting, some arent

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
tkitzularens
395 Views, 8 Replies

Imported pdfs - some are plotting, some arent

Ive imported 12 pdfs into a drawing to create sheets.  All sheets are identical.  pdfs are showing in print preview in both paper and model space, but of the 12, 9 are not printing.  They are all on the same printable layer.  Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jaboone
in reply to: tkitzularens

So are you printing them from layout?  Are you cliping any?  Is the lines consistant in the pdf?  Can you see layers in the pdf's and if so, are they all on there too?

Remove the 3 that do work and see if any more print.

Learning as I go
Message 3 of 9
jaboone
in reply to: jaboone

Send a screen shot.

Learning as I go
Message 4 of 9
tkitzularens

Yes, I am printing from layouts, though I have tested a plot from model space too, and in each case, the pdf has showed in the preview but didnt print.  The BORDER of the pdf printed but not the content (in 9 of 12). 

I've removed all layouts except one to test.  It was one that didnt print.  I cant see any difference between it and the pdfs that did print, and I cant see any pdf layers - they are all on layer 0.  I will attach the screen shot of the layout.  (I have added some coloured tags in paperspace....these print along with the titleblock but no pdf content).

Thanks for your hlep

Message 5 of 9
jaboone

Can you post the pdf you are trying to print.  It is difficult to say what is going on here.  I can try and print it on my end.

Learning as I go
Message 6 of 9
doni49

Just to eliminate the possibility that it's an issue with the plotter's memory, try changing the print window so that it only prints the area where one of the PDF's that does not print is visible.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 9
tkitzularens

hi, jaboone

so, ive created a pdf from the layout i made of the pdf.  and THAT prints!  doesnt make any sense to me...but....for what I need i can make this work.  appreciate your suggestions. 

Message 8 of 9
doni49

@tkitzularens wrote:

hi, jaboone

so, ive created a pdf from the layout i made of the pdf.  and THAT prints!  doesnt make any sense to me...but....for what I need i can make this work.  appreciate your suggestions. 

Do you mean that the "non-printing" portions are showing up in the PDF that you created?  If so, then that sounds even more like it might be an issue with the plotter's memory.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 9 of 9
dgorsman
in reply to: doni49

That would be my thinking too.  When attached PDFs are printed they print as an image, not a PDF, which can end up overflowing the memory.

As another suggestion, put the PDF attachments on a layer *other* than 0.  Layer 0 and DEFPOINTS have some unique interatctions which can affect printing (among other things).  The only thing which really belongs on Layer 0 these days are block definition entities which will inherit layer settings.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost