Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import .step file issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mattmiessen
1503 Views, 5 Replies

Import .step file issues

When I try to import any .step (AP203 or AP214) files from SolidWorks 2014 into AutoCAD 2014, the "import job in progress" doesn't seem to do anything. When I hover over it, nothing shows up. I've tried to right-click to bring the imported part in and it just seems like that buttom is locked. Any ideas? Running Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Patchy
in reply to: mattmiessen

I think you have to look a the lower right corner of your autocad screen until it's done and follow the prompt.

Message 3 of 6
mattmiessen
in reply to: Patchy

Patchy, I waited for quite some time thinking that might be the issue and no notification came up. It's just very odd that when i over over the button in the lower right hand side or right click on it, nothing happens at all. It just seems locked. Could that be the issue?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Patchy

Could it be compatability issue with too new of solidworks file? try older format maybe.

Message 5 of 6
mattmiessen
in reply to: Patchy

Thanks, I'll look into that and let you know if that fixes it. I should have also stated that my co-worker is running all the same software, except he's on Windows 7 and he is able to convert parts with no issue.

Message 6 of 6
jggerth1

And there's your answer.  2014 was released before Win8, and is not perfectly compatible.Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost