Did you mean: 

Import list of number from excel into autocad

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ykuan87
1329 Views, 4 Replies

Import list of number from excel into autocad

hi,

Anymore can give me any ideas or suggestion on how to import the list (the tabulation is attached in the  Example.dwg) and generate accordingly shown dwg file attached  (Example.dwg). Any good programming scripts can be sharing here and any recommend excel formula can be used? Manually adjust the curve and input the numbers one by one might take plenty time and more time spending to checking.

Note* (-) minus convex curve

(+) plus groove curve

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LyleHardin
in reply to: ykuan87

Not really sure what you're wanting to do, but you may want to look into the following:

Data Extraction.

AutoCAD Tables

Data Connect (to Excel files)

Using Fields to report entity data.

Message 3 of 5
steven-g
in reply to: ykuan87

For a one time survey this isn't worth the effort, if this is something you do regularly, then the question is, is it always the same layout.

I would start by creating an excel sheet and filling in all the different points of a standard tank and then use a column to the side to enter the survey data and a third column to show the difference, I would imagine you have this already (maybe not the standard coordinates). Do you have an excel sheet ready prepared that you could attach, and is the attached drawing a template that you always use for these tanks? Then it is just a question of laying out a few cells to include the autocad commands for drawing the lines and copying and pasting this into autocad, it should take only seconds for the drawing to be created once the data is input into the excel sheet. But I must stress it's only if this is standard procedure, if you use different size tanks it would need doing for each size.

Message 4 of 5
ykuan87
in reply to: steven-g

actually what i looking for is to generate those tank layout according based on excel file. but unfortunately the excel file could not be attached in this forum so i attached that excel in the same dwg file. Normally what i did doing manually editing from the existing template by changing its value and its curve shape. This is just for visualize purpose and its not follow the scale and coordinates. Actually i have successfully adopted some mathematics formula in the excel and generate the tank layout i and its value wanted. Therefore we no need to spend most of the time to doing manually because some mistakes definitely will existed. The the only problem now is how to generate the arrow shape with its right direction.
Message 5 of 5
ykuan87
in reply to: LyleHardin

actually what i looking for is to generate those tank layout according based on excel file. but unfortunately the excel file could not be attached in this forum so i attached that excel in the same dwg file. Normally what i did doing manually editing from the existing template by changing its value and its curve shape. This is just for visualize purpose and its not follow the scale and coordinates.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost