AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Elizarose
Message 1 of 3 (193 Views)

If you could learn AutoCAD from anybody, who would it be?

193 Views, 2 Replies
10-09-2012 04:40 PM

Hey all!

I work for an educational website caled Udemy.com and we're looking to get some really great AutoCAD teachers to teach on the site.  Who would you want to teach you AutoCAD, in a perfect world? Thanks for the help, and check out the upcoming design courses on Udemy!

Distinguished Mentor
steven-g
Message 2 of 3 (175 Views)

Re: If you could learn AutoCAD from anybody, who would it be?

10-09-2012 10:27 PM in reply to: Elizarose

ME, and I think that would apply to most people. I took a course once to get some qualifications on paper, but I couldn't tell you anything that I use from that. And I never have found the need to draw a watering can again. Having said that I find the best way to learn is get the question right first and then look for clear simple step by step instructions, with a brief description of the theory. Many of the people who take part in these forums have helped tremendously.

Regards Steven Gray
Setting Out (Joinery Manufacturing)
Autocad 2013LT
Windows 7 professional
*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 3 of 3 (144 Views)

Re: If you could learn AutoCAD from anybody, who would it be?

10-10-2012 08:14 AM in reply to: steven-g

For AutoCAD the teacher is, for the most part, irrelevant.  Most reasonable instructors can pass along the basics of the program which students need to have.

The real learning is actually using the product in a working environment where problems, procedures, knowledge, and deadlines differ markedly from classroom exercises.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!