Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I installed AutoCAD 2015, it won't run on laptop...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mjb
Explorer
580 Views, 5 Replies

I installed AutoCAD 2015, it won't run on laptop...

I installed AutoCAD 2015 on my desktop and laptop, it won't run on laptop...No error messages, it freezes on the opening screen, it will not minimize, open drawings, etc. It will toggle between the "LEARN" and "CREATE" screens only.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: mjb

Hi,

again, please stay in the thread with your primary issue, don't create for each response a new thread (you'll loose the overview by yourself when searching through hundreds of threads you created to find answers. At least same for those people trying to help, they also can't get all informations (questions for details + answers to that) when that is all distributed in different threads.

What are the differences between your workstation and your laptop (operating system, graphic card, network, firewall, antivirus-software, permissions you have as user)?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
mjb
Explorer

Thanks for your help, i could not figure out how to reply on my original thread. Thanks to your link, I found it.

I have the stand-alone license that can be installed on a 2nd computer, but will not run at the same time. I did not disable the virus protection on either computer and it runs fine on my desktop. I closed it on my desktop and opened on it my laptop and it freezes. Do I have to disable it on my desktop first?

Message 4 of 6
mjb
Explorer
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Also, both computers have adequate RAM, video RAM, etc and are capable of running the software. Also, I have administrator rights on both machines.

Message 5 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> both computers have adequate RAM, video RAM, etc

We are searching for differences as one system works and the other one not. That both have enough video RAM, yes, maybe, but that does not show the difference between those two systems. Please give us details like what graphic card does the workstation have and what graphic card does your notebook have ... plus the other infos requested above.

When you say that you start AutoCAD and all goes well up to the home screen ... have you already activated AutoCAD? (on both, workstation and notebook)? Or is it possible that there is the activation window open, but just behind the application window or on a second screen that is currently not connected to your laptop?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost