i have problems when i tray paste

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
226 Views, 2 Replies

i have problems when i tray paste

hey friends
do you can help me with this?.
every time when i try paste some object, or insert a block in auto cad it send me a text
"pasteclip Specify insertion point." and don't happen nothing.
please help me.
thank

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you then actually give it an insertion point?  If you do, but you don't see anything, the contents of what you're pasting or Inserting may just be far from the insertion point.  Try Zooming to the Extents to see whether it's there somewhere.

Other possibilities [that probably don't apply if it really happens every time]:  Are all Layers on and thawed?  When Inserting a Block, was it defined with its insertion point in a logical place in relation to the objects in it?  When pasting, was the content copied using CopyCLIP or CopyBASE?  If it was using CopyCLIP [Ctrol+C], try CopyBASE instead and give it a reasonable reference point.

If what doesn't happen is that you don't see the contents dragging around visibly for placement when it's asking for an insertion point, check the value of the DRAGMODE System Variable.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

i was  trying to do what you tell in your response but it doesn't work.

look, my autocad works very well but in a moment just don't let me paste anything.some times, to solve the proble i must close all windows and restart the program.

Also, i saved it in .dxf format  and open it and save it  in .dwg  format again. its the only way that it works.

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost