AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

jhuyvaert
Message 1 of 6 (137 Views)

i have a mac and want to get a pc version of cad2013

137 Views, 5 Replies
02-20-2013 04:09 PM

i have been trying for a few days to get an answer to my question. I have a mac version already downloaded but its not the same as the pc version. So taking tests at school doesnt work well when im on a mac most of the time and i have to work on a pc when im in class room. If i was to get a lap top thats not a mac can i download a version of the 2013 cad version to it. So i can start doinf my homework from home instead of wasting my time and fuel to go into the school to do the prjects that are requested of me to pass this class. I hoping for an answer soon i might be able to get my hands on a pc lap top. It would make my life a lot easier and i will be able to finish the class. Im not sure how much more i can do. Im falling farther and farther behind. Please help. This is the free version by the way for students that im talking about.

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 2 of 6 (135 Views)

Re: i have a mac and want to get a pc version of cad2013

02-20-2013 04:12 PM in reply to: jhuyvaert

Go to students.autodesk.com. You can download the student, windows version of AutoCAD there.

jhuyvaert
Message 3 of 6 (131 Views)

02-20-2013 04:33 PM in reply to: rkmcswain

Im just making sure. So i can go to the student version and downloadthe pc version with no problem even though i have already downloaded the mac version but its not working for me. I will have no problems if i can get a laptop to hold it. I wish i cold talk to someone, is there a phone number that i can talk to someone. If i get a new laptop and cant download the pc version im out a new laptop that im only getting for the cad program. Im not going to get a new lap top if someone out there is 100% sure i can down load the pc version even after i have already down loaded a mac version. Sorry im just making sure.

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 4 of 6 (118 Views)

02-20-2013 04:52 PM in reply to: jhuyvaert

Each version is assigned a unique serial number, so yes, you can download the Windows version.

You will be signed a new serial number for the Windows version on the Student Community.

Use the new number when activating the new license.

No need for phone contact - your instructor should have given you this information.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
jhuyvaert
Message 5 of 6 (90 Views)

02-20-2013 05:52 PM in reply to: JDMather

Not to throw my instructor under the buss but he didnt have any idea. Said that i nneded to get ahold of someone at auto desk. Can i use the same email or do i need a different on? Sorry for being a pain in the you know what. Im just trying to cover my bases.

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 6 of 6 (71 Views)

02-21-2013 03:36 AM in reply to: jhuyvaert

You already have an account on the student forum don't you?

You can download any and all titles/versions avialable on the student website.
You should not try to create another account.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.