Did you mean: 

I can't select a construction line.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
TCWestern
8583 Views, 2 Replies

I can't select a construction line.

I created a construction line on layer zero. Then I rotated it 30 degrees. Now I want to delete the line, but I can't even select it. I checked if the layer was frozen or off. What's the deal? I will attach the file. (The drawing was created using AutoCAD Electrical, but I don't think that is where the problem is.)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TCWestern
in reply to: TCWestern

Never mind. The construction line was inside a block; even though that doesn't explain why when I selected the line, the whole block didn't get selected. How did the construction line get in my block:)?
Message 3 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: TCWestern

@TCWestern wrote:
Never mind. The construction line was inside a block; even though that doesn't explain why when I selected the line, the whole block didn't get selected. How did the construction line get in my block:)?

I would have to assume via REFEDIT/BEDIT, however accidentally, unless you accidentally selected it in defining the Block.

But in any case, I did find, accidentally in connection with something else, a while back, that when an Xline is part of a Block insertion, you can select the Block on the Xline roughly within the extents of the other Block ingredients, and to some who-knows-how-much-of-a small distance beyond that area, but for some reason you can't select on the Xline farther outside the rest of the Block.  I'd love to know why that is [not that it's something that I ever need to do, since I don't normally have Xlines in Blocks, either].

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost