Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install the student version of autocad 2015!!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
361 Views, 8 Replies

I can't install the student version of autocad 2015!!

Hi! I am a student in the uk and I'm trying to install the free student version of Autocad 2015.

Everytime it goes to install it an error box pops up saying: 

Connection Failure!...

...Most likely causes are; 

-the installation package was moved from the installation location, which is not supported. 

-the autodesk download website has closed or manually refreshed 

- a firewall has blocked the network ports

I haven't closed the site or refreshed it and I also tried turning off the firewall and my anti virus system, but neither options seemed to work. Can you please tell me what the first cause stated means and what do i have to do to fix it? 

Many thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Ron-C
in reply to: Anonymous

What Windows version are you trying to install in on ?

If Windows XP  it probably will not install as it did for me.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Ron-C

It's windows 7. I have all the system requirements too, there must be a way of fixing it so that it downloads. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

apologies, the error says Communication Failure! Saying that the download had been interrupted by a lost connection between the Autodesk website and this computer. Any ideas? 

Message 5 of 9
JDMather

Find a friend (or instructor) who has successfully downloaded the install files and ask for a copy.

Of course, use your Serial Number when you do the install.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I got the same error message, and it said to turn off the computer and restart it, so I did, and it spent some time doing that, but now I still don't have the AutoCAD 15 installed.  I did get an email with my serial number and product key, and I have the install program, I think, downloaded 3 times in my computer's memory, but I don't know how to use it. 

Can someone help me?  Susan Clarke svclarke27@comcast.net or susanclarke51@yahoo.com.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Ron-C

i AM TRYING TO Install it in Windows 8.1.  I also have a WIndows XP computer, and I paid OmniPro for 6 months of service support, since Microsoft does no longer support WIndows XP, and they recommended to sign up with OmniPro.  But every time I call them, they have me partition my computer and go in through the Administrator, whereas my files are in the normal mode, and I can access my emails through the Administrator, but not my files, word processing and photographs, and we never got the normal mode on with WiFi, although the hardwire was working, but it stopped working, as well.  Now, I haven't called them in a few days for help.  In Administrator mode, you have to check the box work in "safe" mode, and I feel there is a lot of electricity coming from the computer, even though I work in "safe" mode, and I even felt a pain in my head in the middle of the night, which I thought could be electricity coming from the lamp that I had left on while I was sleeping, like a lightening bolt, or else I thought there was an animal in the walls of my house who may have made a hole and come into the room and bit me on my head while I was sleeping, and then run back through the closet to the hole, but I haven't taken everything out of the closet yet to see if there is a hole, which would tell me if it was an animal or an electricity bolt that 'bit' my head in the middle of the night.  The other possibility is that it is something else that made me have pains in my head that felt like a fox bit me on my head.  So, anyway, I haven't Oh, I just found the italics button I haven't called OmniPro in a few days for help with my XP computer, so I am trying to install the AutoCAD program, free for students, in my new computer, but I haven't been able to yet.  Today is the first day I tried.  Can you tell me how to do it?

Maybe if you hired OmniPro the program would work for your XP.  I was going to try to use it on my XP, because I didn't know how to use my Windows 8.1 computer, but now I got the Windows 8.1 computer working, but not the Windows XP, so I am installing it on Windows 8.1.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I don't understand all the system requirements to know if I've got them or not.  All I know is I have Windows 8.1, which is Windows 64-bit, so I think it should work.  But how do I do it?

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I got the same error message, too.  I am thinking that there is some kind of a privacy protection program that is saying the program is inappropriate in some way, and stopping the connection.  I would try again, but I am out of ideas.  It told me to turn off the computer and restart it, and I was afraid I would lose what was supposed to download, but I did a help search and it says that you may be told to restart your computer, so I did that, but then all I could get were the pages of asking for help and getting answers written back from the community, so that is where I am now.  I have my serial number and product key, but I don't know where to put them in. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost