Did you mean: 

i am also facing some size problem for my cad drawings

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
phaniseshukumar
447 Views, 17 Replies

i am also facing some size problem for my cad drawings

hi every one.

i am quite new to autocad.is any one can help me about reducing the size of my cad file.

what happend is.

when i get the autocad dwgs from my main con, The actual file size is 11.58 MB, They converted all the drawing (i.e, floor plan) into a BLOCK, But i have to change a lot of things in the dwg. So, i done all my chenges using BLOCK EDITOR. After completion i use the Fn of PURGE tooo..but the dwg size is gone to 192.5 MB.and some files are more than 250 MB. So, that i am unable to send my dwgs to my clients.

plese any one of the masters over there help me plzz....

thankss

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
braudpat
in reply to: phaniseshukumar

Hello

Have you tried to explode these BIG Assembly Blocks and then PURGE !?

After is the DWG size OK ?

Have you many many strange Linetypes in your DWG ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 18
phaniseshukumar
in reply to: braudpat

yes sir,i exploded the BIG assembly file and then, i use command of purge. Then the dwg size is increased to 100MB. Actually when i exploded the whole big dwg then there is a increase in file size. i want to reduce the file size and i use the CMD of PURGE.but there is no result. 

yes i have so many strange line  types, which is not related to each other in drawing.

Message 4 of 18
pendean

AutoCAD version?
2014 has a DGN Linetype purge utility you can use to fix the problem if that's the issue.

FYI: exploding objects tends to create larger files.
Message 5 of 18
braudpat

Hello

So you are facing to the "famous" DGN LineType problem !

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-C2-AE-dgn-hot...

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 18
phaniseshukumar
in reply to: pendean

my version is 2009.

Message 7 of 18
phaniseshukumar

oooh.sorry, i think i have post this issue in 2007/2008/2009.Smiley SurprisedSmiley SadSmiley Sad

Message 8 of 18
BeKirra

I have seen the simialr problem in my job.

Just a throught, can you try to save the drawing to "dxf", purge it then save it back to "dwg"?

See if this can get it's size down.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 9 of 18
phaniseshukumar
in reply to: BeKirra

hi,

Base on your suggestion i tried to save in .dxf format. Then it shows a error message like shown in attachment.

please take a look.

Thank you

Message 10 of 18
phaniseshukumar

is there any other chance to edit the dwg with out exploding.

dont say that it can be done in block editor.while edit in block editor also makes the file size large.

Message 11 of 18
phaniseshukumar
in reply to: braudpat

hello braudpat,

i think what you say is right.it looks like i am facing the DGN line types problem.

the URL link directs me to download DGN hotfix. But is this work for the autocad vesion "9"   ?????

Thanq, Bye

Phani

Message 12 of 18
eminv

Hi,

Have you heard about Aplus? It's a plug- in for Autocad. After installation use command PURGEALL (it's modified PURGE). It will makes your files at least two times smaller(!). When PURGEALL finish press F2 it will show you list of cleaned things in your project (command PURGE in autocad doesn't do this).

It's a big diffrence. You don't have to explode blocks, because it cleans also nested objects. It cleans scales, strange linetypes, everything what makes your file so big.

Link to download:

http://www.cadaplus.com/downloads.php?lang=en

I had the same problem. It really works. Good luck 🙂

Message 13 of 18
braudpat

Hello

You have ACAD LT 2009 !?

Have you tried to save as DXF (DXF 2007 format), reload it (from DXF) and repurge it ?

SORRY : I have just seen your other msg that you can't save as DXF !!

So can you share with us your special DWG (in ZIP format), so we could purge it with an ACAD 2015/2014/2013 and rewrite it in DWG2007 for you ?

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 14 of 18

firstly u have to do below step by step

1-you have to make w block

2-open that file

3-dxf out

4-purge save than recover than file now check this one

Message 15 of 18
phaniseshukumar
in reply to: eminv

hi,

as per your suggestion, i download and installed Aplus in system. After installation i opend the dwg and gave the CMD of PURGEALL, Then dwg shows as UNKNOWN COMMAND..

i checked too weather i installed properly or not..

thank u,bye

Message 16 of 18

Hi shavezkhan,

thanks for you replay, your solution helps meto reduce the file size,thanks for that, But when i gave theDXFOUT cmd then it shows a earning message.

that u can see from the below attachment FYR.

thank you,bye

Message 17 of 18
eminv

Hi,

I'll give you link from their website. This should help.

Message 18 of 18

W-BLOCK

DXF OUT

PURGE RECOVER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost