Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update dynamic block attributes after moving the block ?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
sanjaymache
13905 Views, 10 Replies

How to update dynamic block attributes after moving the block ?

I am having dynamic block (point) with arrtibutes x(cordinate),y(cordnate),Z(elevation).

After imoprting points I have shifted the points. How to apdate the x,y (data) attributes.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
dbroad
in reply to: sanjaymache

If the block definition has attributes that have block placeholder fields AND if those attributes have not been converted to text AND if those blocks do not have the attribute definitions in a nested block, then the fields(attributes) should update at a regen.  This is dependent on your fieldupdate settings.  BTW, this kind of behavior does not require dynamic blocks.  Post the block if a regen does not work.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 11
hgasty1001

Hi,

Try Attsync command.

Gaston Nunez

Message 4 of 11
sanjaymache

Thanks for help with ref to my query.

However, please fins attached dwg showing sample block and attribute extracted table.

My requirement is that, easting and northing in block attribute table shall equal to block geometry position value of X and Y respectively.

Kindly provide the solution.

Regards

Sanjay Mache
Message 5 of 11
dbroad

Sanjay Mache,

Be sure to sign in before you reply.  Second, be sure to hit the reply button below the post you are replying to.  The block(BLKATT) in the drawing you posted  is not dynamic and so just moving the block will not update the northing and easting.  Instead, you should create a new block definition or edit the existing one.  If you edit the existing one, make the attributes for northing and easting preset so that they do not prompt for values.  In the default value field, right click and choose "insert field...".  Then choose block placeholder.  Then select "Position".  Then leave only the x or y coordinate that pertains to northing or easting.

After you add the fields to the attributes, the position will be updated automatically after each regen.  Otherwise, you need to write a program to update the attributes, which is more trouble and less reliable.  Adding fields does not make the block dynamic but it will do what you want and will seem dynamic.

Message 6 of 11
sanjaymache
in reply to: dbroad

Thanks a lot
Solution per first para worked well.
No need arrised to go for solution per second para.

Thanks

Message 7 of 11
jorg1984

dboard,

I thought this was my problem but it didn't work. I have this dynami block that shows it attributes, after ATTSYNC-Name-* they all work fine and after REGEN they update. However when I insert a new one it only shows the tag and regen doesn't work for it. SO i had to run ATTSYNC every time I insert a new block. I have preset and verify activated for those attributes. Any advice?

Thanks a lot! 

Message 8 of 11
dbroad
in reply to: jorg1984

Post a drawing containing a block reference and explain the problem in the drawing.

Message 9 of 11
michalzarzecki

Hi All,

It appears it's not only me who struggles with dynamic blocks or attributes.

I originally thought it would take me 5 minutes but I just can't work out what is wrong with my block. The coordinates just won't update!

I have watched a few video tutorials to make sure I am doing it right. I have read other posts, tutorials, comments. I have downloaded several instances of similar blocks which work. And I still have no clue why mine isn't.

I know that it can be used with anything that has a position property, e.g. circle, point or just the block placeholder. Let's assume that I want to go with a point.

I am attaching my instance for review and comments. If I can get a clue what's wrong, it would help a lot.

The idea is that eventually I will add the dynamic features like stretch and mirror to the block, but I can't get through the attribute issue to go further.

Message 10 of 11

Hi,

your field shows the coordinate of the point within the blockdefinition ... and the point within the blockdefinition is placed at 0,0

To change that you might edit the field and change the object to your block-insertion, then (after REGEN) the coordinate will show the block insertion point.

20170518_131916.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 11 of 11
v21ic

Thanks, regen works like a charm.

What about regen auto?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost