Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop AutoCAD checking network for certain commands?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mark.starford
326 Views, 2 Replies

How to stop AutoCAD checking network for certain commands?

In our office we have 6 laptops using either autocad architecture or autocad LT 2013, & 2 desktop PC's using LT2013 all have standalone installations & are connecting to a shared network drive using WiFi (not the best I know, but our building is listed so proper networks aren't an option). 

I have noticed using ACAD Architecture on my laptop that certain commands cause a slight hang 'di' for instance, but not excessive so liveable, however the 2 desktop PC's are really struggling, select a hatch area & it hangs for 6-7 seconds. I tried connecting one of the desktops to the wifi router using an ethernet cable - the delay disappeared entirely.

I don't understand why autocad seems to be quizzing the network for certain commands, and if this is the case is there a way of disabling this to help productivity for the 2 desktop users? 

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mark.starford

Your support file search paths are all set to look on the local computer for everything, right?  Nothing's set to look to a server or to another computer for, say, hatch patterns or linetypes?

Message 3 of 3
mark.starford
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, no I checked all that, everything is set to local c drive, even
disabled communication centre . the server is used purely for file sharing.
The dwg files are opened from & saved to the server, we have tried working
directly from desktop but get the same issue.
I appreciate it may be a network deficiency, but I just can't understand
why a local installation is trying to access the network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost