Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to “move” the “annotative dimensions” in one annotation scale....

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JamaL9722060
5869 Views, 3 Replies

How to “move” the “annotative dimensions” in one annotation scale....

How to “move” the “annotative dimensions” in one annotation scale and keep its original location for others,

For example, in the attached screenshots, originally, the dimensions are drawn while the annotation scale is set to be 1:100.

Now, I want to switch the scale to be 1:200 and then to move these dimensions. I want this “move” to be applied for the 1:200 scale such that if I switch back to 1:100 then the dimensions get back to their original location.

What might I need to apply this scenario?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: JamaL9722060

"MOVE" command will move the dimension and all the Annotative scale representation.  You should never "move" a dimenion whether annotative or not because it dis-associates the dimension from the geometry. Instead, select the dimension and use the grip at either end of the dimension line to change the dimension line location.  Only the annotative dimension for the active scale will change.

Message 3 of 4
doben
in reply to: JamaL9722060

The dimension for each scale representation can be moved indepedently. Just select it and stretch its grip to where you want. It will only affect the current scale. Please see attached - annoallvisible is on so the 1:200 position of the dimension also shows when the dimension is selected.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 4
JamaL9722060
in reply to: doben

Thank you nestly2 and doben for the very useful input. This resolves my issue.

Best

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost