Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep cursor from auto-snapping to new window when editing text?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wiosbor
349 Views, 4 Replies

How to keep cursor from auto-snapping to new window when editing text?

Hello All and thanks for helping, 

I am editing text and small blocks constantly, and I only use my keyboard when editing, but I use my mouse to select the objects that need it.

When editing these items, my cursor is constantly shifting over to the new "Text Edit" window in the middle of the screen, and away from the stuff that I am editing - and I find it very annoying. 

How can I turn this auto-snap feature off, so that my cursor stays hovered over what is selected?

Thanks,

Nick

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
doni49
in reply to: wiosbor

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  Just as a test, I created 3 text items.  Then I edited one of them.  As soon as I was done with the edit, my cursor was right where I left it.

What version are you using?  I've got 2014 here.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 5
wiosbor
in reply to: doni49

My version is 2013. 

When I click on text for editing, the cursor goes from hovering over the text, to hovering over the "okay" Button in the new window that is for editing the text. Once I click the okay button, or just hit enter on the keyboard, the cursor remains where the "okay" button was, instead of going back to the text that I was editing.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Which commands are you using exactly?
What are your exact steps? I'd like to replicate it here: based solely on your post I'm not able to just like Don above.
Message 5 of 5
stevev0983

This sounds like you may be referring to a mouse setting in windows. Check Control Panel>Mouse>Pointer Options and check to see if "Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialogue box" is checked. If so, uncheck it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost