Did you mean: 

How to disable an app from autoloading

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jraiz
3372 Views, 9 Replies

How to disable an app from autoloading

Hi, Got an autocad application i want to remove. Everytime i start my CAD it autoloads. I already remove the associated .arx file from the appload, but still loads when i restarts my CAD. Any help would be appreciated. TIA
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
owen66
in reply to: jraiz

maybe some more details?

is there a direct support path to it? what is the arx file/app? and why do you need to unload it?

"Aah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention...science has it all."
Message 3 of 10
PatrickHughes

Search for the name of the application in the contents of files in your support path. If you are on Windows 7 + search will not do this by default so you may have to modify your settings. See Search Contents

Once you've found the culprint comment it out.

Edit: I just tried the "contents" setting as described and it did not work as I expected. (Grrrrr) In the past I've used a utility program called Wingrep grepWin to do this which works well.

Patrick Hughes

Engineered Design Solutions
Developer of CadTempo - Cad Time Tracking
www.cadtempo.com
Message 4 of 10
dgorsman

Appload isn't the only way third-pary applications can be loaded:

- the first ACAD.RX file in the search path will attempt to load the contents

- a shortcut may specify an /ld argument (this is frequently used with AutoDesk vertical programs)

- a .bundle may be present

- an MNL file from an associated CUIx file (or other LISP or code source) may be issuing a load call

- the first ACAD.LSP or ACADDOC.LSP file may be issuing a load call

- a demand-load section can be present in the registry

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 10
Kent1Cooper

Is it in the Startup Suite?  It's not clear to me whether that's what you mean by having removed it "from the appload."  If you meant something other than that, type APPLOAD [or its alias, just AP], and look at the Startup Suite's Contents [if any].  If it's there, Remove it.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 10
jraiz
in reply to: owen66

hey owen66, support path...not that i know of. the file is automesher.arx. i downloaded a trial version to see if it'll work for us, but unfortunately this is not the one we need. and now that the trial version is over, everytime i start my CAD it keeps asking me to activate the thing. though i can always click cancel its just annoying it pops up everytime CAD starts
Message 7 of 10
jraiz
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

hey kent1cooper, its not on the startup suite, but the .arx is listed on the loaded application tab, and its here that i unloaded it from.
Message 8 of 10
jraiz
in reply to: dgorsman

hey dgorsman, not really an expert on this, but can you give me more details on going about this, or perhaps if you can shoot me a link, thanks
Message 9 of 10
Patchy

How about typing in ARX

and then U for unload

Message 10 of 10
jraiz

hey guys, thanks for the infos and suggestions. was able to solve this already, i just simply deleted the .arx file and so far its not popping up anymore during CAD startup, observing CAD and looks back to normal to me ...happy man now 😃

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost