Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete the annoying Power Dimensioning Tab when you select a dimension

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RiskyKiddies
1653 Views, 4 Replies

How to delete the annoying Power Dimensioning Tab when you select a dimension

I already have my Ribbons Tab with Panels already setup.  And in those panels, I already have my dimension commands set up such as _aidimtextmove.

The Power Dimensioning Tab - out of the box -  does not have _aidimtextmove anywhere in its panels.

So when I select a dimension, the annoying Power Dimension Tab pops up and disables all other tabs that you may have created.  This is annoying. 

You see, to move dimension text with leader (which is: _aidimtextmove with an auto setting of 1), I am not able to select the command because it is no where found in this Power Dimensioning Panel.  I have it in my own dimensioning panel I created, but I can’t select it. 

So to get rid of the "Power Dimensioning Tab" pop-up after just selection any dimension, read the attached document.  It's simple when you go into CUI to make this change. 

In the CUI, under Ribbon > Contextual Tab States > Dimension Selected , Remove “Power Dimension Single Selection”.

Yes I suppose I could customize my Power Dimensioning Tab to include more dimensioning commands.  It's a matter of preference.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

>> The Power Dimensioning Tab [...]

You landed in the wrong forum, here we work on plain AutoCAD (Vanilla), you speak about AutoCAD Mechanical ... the forum for AutoCAD Mechanical is >>>there<<<.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

Vanilla or Mechanical or whatever, I purposely went to a Vanilla forum because this hits everyone whenever one day we are all forced to use Ribbons when Toolbars goes away.

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

>> went to a Vanilla forum because this hits everyone whenever one day we are all forced to use Ribbons

Sorry, "Power Dimensioning" does not hit everyone, only those using Mechanical.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5

Really?  I didnt know that. Thanks.  I assumed Power Dimensioning was a new addition to Vanilla a long time ago.  Shows the last time i went on Vanilla.

PS - I don't like Power Dimensioning as it is not attached to my current DimStyle.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost