Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create multiple copies of the same drawing?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
515 Views, 4 Replies

How to create multiple copies of the same drawing?

I have a drawing that I really like, I saved it as drawing 1, uncolored. 

I also want to copy the same drawing to different .dwg files, but I want 4 different colors of it. 

So, how do I copy the same basic drawing to 4 different files, so that I can color each one with different colors, and maybe a few different shapes?

Thanks in advance, 

Sincerely, 

Noob. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
3wood
in reply to: Anonymous

Copy it in Window Explorer?

Message 3 of 5
imadHabash

from your drawing start to use WBLOCK command after changing colors as your need .

Message 4 of 5
nestly2

I would probably use SAVEAS, changing the colors as needed between each SAVEAS, but I'm wondering whether you really need multiple copies of the same drawing, or whether perhaps a better approach would  be to reuse the original drawing by inserting it as a block or xref and altering the color inside the destination drawing?

SaveAs.gif

Message 5 of 5
edwin.prakoso
in reply to: nestly2

My suggestion is to use layer states. You save layer colors in different states, but still keep them in one file. So you don't have to worry about other files if the design changes. Layer states allows you to freeze/off layers, so you can hide/show different objects too.
If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost