Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i change osnap icons at the bottom of screen to text?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
andrew.nao
3962 Views, 9 Replies

how do i change osnap icons at the bottom of screen to text?

in 2014 i was able to change the icons of the osnaps that are located at the bottom of the acad window to display the osnap as text. in 2015 i cant seem to find that setting. did they remove it or is it somewhere other than the customization button on the bottom right of the screen?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
GrantsPirate
in reply to: andrew.nao

It was removed.   I call 2015 the "MACification of AutoCAD". 

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 3 of 10
andrew.nao
in reply to: GrantsPirate

well that was stupid of them. its easier to read the test that it is to remember what the icon means... thanks for the reply
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Agreed. Beyond stupid is the idea that Autodesk has paid teams of programmers to sabotage a perfectly working product, for what reason???

If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Now it's broken

Message 5 of 10
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Reality doesn't conform to our own understanding, or lack thereof.  In otherwords even if we can't think of a reason (I can think of at least one) that doesn't preclude their existence or validity.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 10
nestly2
in reply to: dgorsman

There's always a "reason"  The question is whether the reason would withstand the process of thoughful review.  😉

Message 7 of 10
shanep

Guh. Why would they fix something that isn't broken?  I have always prefered the text-based buttons for the OSNAPs; For me they're quicker to scan and find what I'm looking for, so I had apprecieated the ability to adjust the GUI to my preferences.

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: shanep

@shanep wrote:

Guh. Why would they fix something that isn't broken?  I have always prefered the text-based buttons for the OSNAPs; For me they're quicker to scan and find what I'm looking for, so I had apprecieated the ability to adjust the GUI to my preferences.

I think we ALL did. About the only thing we can do now is complain about it: submit your feedback here.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 9 of 10
jggerth
in reply to: dgorsman

@dgorsman wrote:

Reality doesn't conform to our own understanding, or lack thereof.  In otherwords even if we can't think of a reason (I can think of at least one) that doesn't preclude their existence or validity.

One guess is translation.  since the arbitrary icons have no meaning other than what Adesk assigns, there's no need to try and translate to any other language or character set.  It's called laziness.

(Note that intelligent laziness can be a good thing -- dumping 7000 years of glyph development in written communications in favor of something less intuitive than a petrogloyph does not constitute 'intelligent' laziness.)

Message 10 of 10

Totally agreed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost