Did you mean: 

How can I create jpg with scale

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
edelsang
635 Views, 4 Replies

How can I create jpg with scale

I wanna to create JPG format with scale to import Photoshop or print out using jpg. I always need scale and I don't have printter and I go someone who has printter but doesnt have Autocad so, I need print out without using Autocad. How can I create JPG that has scale..or What is your solution to me about that isue.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: edelsang

Hi,

>> How can I create JPG that has scale

You can't do that directly as whatever JPG you create you don't know how it will be printed.

With other words: when you create a JPG with 1000x1000 pixel you don't know if that will be printed to 1x1 inch or 10x10 inch.

The little chance you have with JPG is that you calculate the exact resolution for the output, so e.g. when you try to print to 10x10 inch and you know you will print with 300dpi then you can create a page size of 3000x3000 pixel in AutoCAD, then plot with that setup to create the JPG. In Photoshop you will then have to setup the print to 300dpi, that will be ok then (but a bit complex)

>> What is your solution to me about that isue.

The simple solution to that is to print to PDF, because within the PDF the page-size is defined and can be printed 1:1 to paper.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
nrz13
in reply to: edelsang

Alfred is correct.  You want to print to PDF using the built-in DWG to PDF printer in the AutoCAD Plot dialog.  The PDF file can be printed by others with the sizes held intact.  Photoshop can open and edit PDF files.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 4 of 5
edelsang
in reply to: nrz13

Ty for answering to me
Message 5 of 5
edelsang
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

PDF is working properly.Thank you so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost