AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Contributor
Frigotherm
Message 1 of 5 (947 Views)

home use license

947 Views, 4 Replies
06-22-2012 07:54 AM

Hi guys!

i've been searching this infor everywhere but was not able to find the exact answer to my question.

i've heared (and read somewhere a few months ago) that if i have a SUBSCRIPTION i and have old versions of the software,(for example at the moment the old version would be the acad 2012) then i can give this old version of the software to one of my employees to install it at home, as long as i have an active subscription.  (this is not the home use license that you can read about everywhere, since that is a copy of the current product... i am talking about an old product!)

so is it true that if i have a subscritpion and i am using 2013 then a legal copy of 2012 can be given for home use to my employees as long as the subscription is active and running? if yes, can you please provide some offical text?

thank you

best regards

Frigo

*Pro
nestly
Message 2 of 5 (919 Views)

Re: home use license

06-22-2012 09:13 AM in reply to: Frigotherm

See Page 18-19 here: Home Use rights

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/english.subscription_with_basic_or_advanced_support.05072012.p...

(g) Covered Software subject to a Home Use License must be the same localization and release as the Covered Software subject to the corresponding Primary License;

Notwithstanding sub-section (g)  If you're on Subscription, I don't see why a previous release would not be permissible, particurally if the reason for installing the previous version is because the current version is overly bug ridden(ie all initial releases)

Call Autodesk or your Reseller to be sure.

*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 3 of 5 (894 Views)

06-24-2012 08:15 PM in reply to: Frigotherm
Indeed! Asking this question in a public forum is just not the place to ask. Your reseller will give you the best answer as opposed to what could be speculation of folks here. Not to suggest nestly is speculaing, he is a learned individual.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
Valued Contributor
Neil47
Message 4 of 5 (885 Views)

06-25-2012 01:54 AM in reply to: Frigotherm

Take a look at this link

http://download.autodesk.com/us/subctr/pdfs/previous_versions/2012/PV_11_11_ENU.pdf

In summary

You may continue to use the Previous Version you have legally owned under the following

conditions:

• the current version must be on Subscription
  • you may not use more seats than you originally owned for any products not appearing on the Eligible Product List.

It would still be worth talking to your reseller as there may be other legal requirements in different jurisdictions

*Expert Elite*
Bob_Zurunkle
Message 5 of 5 (854 Views)

06-25-2012 09:49 AM in reply to: Neil47

I am pretty sure the main thing would be to not have two people using the single license simultaneously. Your new version at work and your old version at home will be on the same license...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted :smileyhappy:
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.