Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden line type circular lines plot as contiunous in viewports set to hide.

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
JLOWE
1742 Views, 11 Replies

Hidden line type circular lines plot as contiunous in viewports set to hide.

Straight lines with the hidden line type print fine. Circular or curved lines do not. The lines appear correct in model and paper space. I plot mostly to pdf's from paper space. This is true for phantom or dashed lines also. It appears to have something to do with hidden legacy. Shade plot defaults to hidden legacy and can not be changed. I'm working in AutoCAD 2015.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
justshutup
in reply to: JLOWE

@jlowe wrote:
Straight lines with the hidden line type print fine. Circular or curved lines do not. The lines appear correct in model and paper space. I plot mostly to pdf's from paper space. This is true for phantom or dashed lines also. It appears to have something to do with hidden legacy. Shade plot defaults to hidden legacy and can not be changed. I'm working in AutoCAD 2015.

Post a sample dwg.

Message 3 of 12
JLOWE
in reply to: justshutup

Here's a small file.
Message 4 of 12
JLOWE
in reply to: justshutup

I browsed to a small file and hit add attachment, but it didn't appear to have actually attached it.
Message 5 of 12
dmfrazier

You might have better results attaching here if you ZIP the file first.

Message 6 of 12
JLOWE
in reply to: dmfrazier

I browse the file, hit add attachment and nothing. I put the file in a zip folder and nada. The sample dwg is only 161k.
Message 7 of 12
dmfrazier

The file size is (clearly) not the issue.

If ZIPping doesn't help, then the only other suggestion I have is to try a different browser.  (I use IE, which works off and on.  Some have suggested that Firefox or Chrome may work better.) 

Message 8 of 12
JLOWE

It appears to have loaded in Chrome. It is a 2D file to keep it small, but the curved hidden lines become continuous when the MV is set to hide. The large majority of my files are 3D and set to hide when plotting/printing. Most of my plots are to pdf files. Any help is appreciated.

Message 9 of 12
dmfrazier

Try changing the Shade Plot property of the viewport object using the Properties palette before running plot.

Message 10 of 12
JLOWE

When MVIEW is set to HIDE, HIDDEN LEGACY becomes the default and can not be changed.
Message 11 of 12
Victoria.Studley

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for attaching the sample file. I was able to get curved objects to plot with the hidden linetype in your file as follows:

• Select the viewport.
  • In the Properties palette, under the "Misc" subheading, adjust the Shade Plot setting from "Legacy Hidden" to "As Displayed".

Shade_Plot_As_Displayed.png

• Right-click the layout tab and choose "Plot...".
  • Choose the "DWG to PDF.pc3" plotter.
  • Preview now displays the correct hidden linetype, and the PDF produced with this setup also plots the linetype correctly.

Could you please try this configuration, and let me know if this resolves the issue for you?

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 12 of 12
JLOWE
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Thank you for your help. I was able to get them to plot properly, but in a different manner. For the way my program is set up, I needed to use MVIEW, changed the Shadeplot to As displayed, then selected the viewport . I could not get the properties palette to open when selecting the Viewport for some reason. The lines plot properly now. Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost