Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help...Working with blocks and attributes...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jrobles7
480 Views, 5 Replies

Help...Working with blocks and attributes...

hi,

Do any one know how can I create inside a block many attributes that when you select on the block and if you need to change the text .. all the attribute would  not  instead it will be by folders and you can change it with in the folder...

like for example.. you have a block, you click on it.. you want to change the text but you have a huge block with so many descritions to change the name... like change numbers, some has letters others has description.... can you crate a folder of attribute inside a block...

please let me know....

Thanks,

jrobles7

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
3wood
in reply to: jrobles7

No very clear.

Can you upload two images/drawings to describe the Original and New?

Message 3 of 6
smbrennan

I don't think that's possible. But, here's some suggestions:

Are you aware that your attributes are listed the order in which they are selected when creating the block? If you use a selection window, I personally have found no guarantee to what order they will be in. If your attributes are in a particular logical order, are they easier to modify?

Have you considered using the find/replace function? It can read attributes within blocks if you want it to.

Other than that, 3wood is right. Your description is unclear. You would to elaborate more.

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 4 of 6
jrobles7

Hi,

Attached is an image of what i am looking for...

If you see the image at the bottom that is one entire block, if you click or select the block you can edit the text...Notice that since is one whole block is a little confusing to have all attributes combine...That is why I want to create inside an edit attribute selection, folders for each part inside a block,i think that way you know which part inside a block you would want to change...

within the edit attribute selection i want to create separate file or folders however you may want to name it ..

below where you read description you can be able to name it however you want during the time you already creating the block and adding attributes(dont know)

hope this information helps..

Also,hope this is possible because we want to start creating bigger blocks and the majority of the blocks we change the text and i think that by creating individual folders within  an edit attribute selection it will be easier an quicker to find where in the block you want to change the text...

thanks

Message 5 of 6
cadwomen

Hy

i woud say NO , but maybye someone .....

cu cw

PS are Excel ex/import an option ?

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 6 of 6
dmfrazier

Based on your description and illustration, it seems the essence of what you want is the ability to group or categorize the attributes within a block and segregate them on tabs when editing them.  This is probably possible, but would require time-consuming (and possibly expensive) custom programming.

Although the list of attributes may be long, you can certainly group them by tag name and/or prompt, and it is possible to control the order of the attributes. See BATTMAN in Help:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2013/ENU/files/GUID-CC083B3D-C9D6-4419-8156-900965670326.htm

I assume it's important for the text to be in attributes (for extraction purposes), but if not, another thing to consider would be producing dynamic blocks with look-up tables for the variable text features.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost