Did you mean: 

HELP WITH METHOD OF DEFINING ATTRIBUTES IN DYNAMIC BLOCK

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dajparr
315 Views, 4 Replies

HELP WITH METHOD OF DEFINING ATTRIBUTES IN DYNAMIC BLOCK

I just upgraded from 2012 to 2015 yesterday, and when I insert my Dynamic Blocks I get a pop up with the Attributes and have to fill this out, and cannot use the arrow keys to auto-fill the definitions like I did on 2012. Instead I have fill each one in manually and this KILLS time. The blocks are for multiple devices in rooms in which a lot of the info is re-used (not all the info).  Is there a way to make it so when I insert, the command line prompts me for the attributes instead of filling out this dialog box??  Attribute Problem.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: dajparr

What are ATTDIA and ATTREQ set to in 2012?
and in 2015?
Message 3 of 5
dajparr
in reply to: pendean

1 and 1

Thanks,
Aaron J Parr
Systems Design Engineer

7272 Jackson Ave
Mechanicsville, VA 23111
(804) 559-4274-Office
x3760-Extension
(804)814-3760-Mobile
Message 4 of 5
dajparr

Thats for 2015, 2012 has been removed from my machine already.

Message 5 of 5
dajparr

I changed the ATTDIA to 0 and kept ATTREQ @ 1 and this made it so my Attribute "questions" were asked on the command bar, while retaining the info I've entered into other blocks!!!! Now, if you can figure out how this can be done when I add the Dynamic Block in from the "Tool Pallete" (I currently just use the "insert" command) I'd really appreciate it!!! It's the same deal, (this was the case with 2012 also) I click on the block, pick the insertion point, and then I get the Dialog Box for the attribute definition instead of the "questions' in the command bar. I really appreciate your help on this!!!!!! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost