Did you mean: 

HELP!! AutoCAD 2015 won't draw lines in the right place

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Keith363
1538 Views, 3 Replies

HELP!! AutoCAD 2015 won't draw lines in the right place

Hi,

I rescently updated to ACad 2015, but al of a sudden it randomly messed up and now when i try to draw lines it wont display them correctly. Instead of showing a preview of the line as it is drawing, it displays it (apparently) from zero. If you snap it from point to point, it will end up in the right place, but otherwise youre out of luck.Circles, rectangles, and other such commands work, it's only the line and poly-line commands that this happens to. Also, the UCS command seems to do what it wants rather than what you tell it. It's hard to explain. Several people in the building are having the same problem, but nobody can figure out the issue :-/. Does anybody have any ideas??

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LyleHardin
in reply to: Keith363

I think I read in another thread that there is a bug with the LINE preview while in a 3D view.

The lines go where they are supposed to be, but it's just kind of confusing while you're drawing them.

If you look flat in Top or Right or some other view with a UCS oriented with that view, everything is fine, right?

Also check to see if your DYNAMIC UCS is on or off. If it's ON, then the USC will try to orient itself to whatever you are picking on. Annoying if you don't want it to do that, but useful in certain instances in 3D modeling.

Message 3 of 4
LyleHardin
in reply to: LyleHardin

Oh, but now, after re-looking at your images, I see you've changed UCS and views.

If you drew the lines in the left image at that view, then who knows where they are? Did you zoom extents after returning to your plan view (2nd image).

It's difficult to draw in a 3D view without snapping to something or adjusting your UCS.

Message 4 of 4
PatrickHughes
in reply to: Keith363

The recent SP2 fixed that. I can confirm that it does.

Patrick Hughes

Engineered Design Solutions
Developer of CadTempo - Cad Time Tracking
www.cadtempo.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost