2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
widowluluchomp
346 Views, 2 Replies

Helical sweep only working partially

I'm attempting to make a long fan blade, following this tutorial on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGiSv5RrFU

Though adjusing the shape and measurements for my own preferences. I've encountered a problem with the Helix and sweep command, and not sure where I went wrong. I'm trying to sweep a straight line along the path of the helix, though when i do so it only sweeps halfway along the length of the straight line. I can't continue with the object without figuring this out 😞

How do I get it to sweep the full length? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: widowluluchomp

@widowluluchomp wrote:

... though when i do so it only sweeps halfway along the length of the straight line.....

Did you attach the correct file?  I do not see a sweep of any geometry in the file you attached?

Also, I don't see a line connected to your helix as shown in the video, and are you sure you have the start of the helix where you really really want it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
widowluluchomp
in reply to: JDMather

Turns out that was exactly the problems.... the start of the helix and line! I had been drawing the line from the circle instead of the helix, since I didn't notice that in the video, the line had been drawn from helix. Thanks so much for pointing this out! After making the adjustments to position the helix and draw a new line, the sweep worked. 

Thanks so much! 😄 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost