Did you mean: 

HATCH

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
JamminJim
961 Views, 6 Replies

HATCH

I am using  Autocad 2014 an a couple of days ago, whenever I hatch an area the hatch and the boundries become one.  I cannot edit the hatch without selecting it and then isolating it from the boundry lines in the Properties dialog box.  If I erase the hatch, it erase the boundry lines too.

I've have been using Autocad since the DOS/R9 days and have never come across this before and I cannot find a varible or setting related to this.  This only started happening a couplf of days ago and don't think I have changed any settings.

Can anyone advise me on how to solve this situation?

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
skintsubby
in reply to: JamminJim

JamminJim

Check out the PICKSTYLE variable

PICKSTYLE.PNG

Mark

Message 3 of 7
dmfrazier

Check the value of HPBOUNDRETAIN.  You might need to set it to 0 (zero, or off).

There's also a checkbox to change the setting on the BHatch dialog box.  To see it, you might have to expand the box by clicking the arrow button at the lower-right.

Message 4 of 7
ToddRogers-WPM

Toggle off Associative.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 7
JamminJim
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thank you for your response.  After trying each recommendation seperatly they each worked.  I use associative hatch all of the time an until this week I never had a problem.

Thank you for helping me solve this issue,

James

Message 6 of 7
JamminJim
in reply to: skintsubby

Thank you Mark for your response. After trying each recommendation separately they each worked but PICKSTYLE seems to work the best. I use associative hatch all of the time an until this week I never had a problem.

Thank you for helping me solve this issue,

James
Message 7 of 7
Ayssnna

I instlled CAD 2015 on desktop. When I have hatch on my screen, it shows so many lines which are not in my drawings. I attached print screen from my drawings.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost