Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch transparency

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ronpemberton7479
376 Views, 5 Replies

Hatch transparency

I'm trying to hatch an object with a transparent background. On the screen it looks fine but when I print it the background is always solid/opaque no matter what color or transparency setting I use. Is there another setting I'm missing?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
braudpat
in reply to: ronpemberton7479

Hello from France

When you print/plot : you have a NEW option (since transparency and version 2011) in the dialog box settings (print/plot)

on the RIGHT panel : please enable/activate the plot WITH Transparency !

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
ronpemberton7479
in reply to: braudpat

Thanks Pat
I usually don't use transparencies so I haven't noticed that setting.

This e-mail and any attachments contain URS Corporation confidential information that may be proprietary or privileged. If you receive this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, distribute, disclose or use any of this information and you should destroy the e-mail and any attachments or copies.
Message 4 of 6

What setting(s) have you already tried?

The transparency level for new hatch objects is controlled by the HPTRANSPARENCY system variable. (0 to 90, with 90 being most transparent). Changing the value does not affect existing hatch objects.

The TRANSPARENCYDISPLAY system variable controls whether object transparency is displayed.

In Properties, is the Background color property set to "none"? Is Transparency set to Bylayer?

Message 5 of 6

The problem was just in the printing. It turned out to be the transparency switch in the plot dialog box I wasn't using.
Thanks for the reply

This e-mail and any attachments contain URS Corporation confidential information that may be proprietary or privileged. If you receive this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, distribute, disclose or use any of this information and you should destroy the e-mail and any attachments or copies.
Message 6 of 6

I also don't use transparency, so I hadn't taken notice of that Plot setting either.  We both learned something today.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost