AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Contributor
jmldg
Message 1 of 2 (913 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hatch Set Origin button: properties have changed, please help

913 Views, 1 Replies
01-16-2013 05:11 AM

Hello.  Typically when I click on the Set Origin button, all I then have to do is click on the page where I want the hatch origin to be, and everything works just fine.

I work on a shared computer.  Start working this morning, and now when I click on the Set Origin button, it prompts me to inform it "SIngle or SUbobject?".  And through a number of further selections, I can eventually get around to selecting my origin and having things shift around properly.  But that really slows me up.  Seems like one of the system variables got changed.  I've noodled around a bit online, but haven't been able to find how to get things back to how they used to be.

And I tried opening a new page, restarting the program, etc., and the new way the button works has taken hold.  I can't get it to reset. 

Please help.  This is bugging me badly.

Follow up: So on my computer (not working properly) when you click on the Set Origin button, the command line says "Command: _-hatchedit    ....  select hatch objects: _O     ... select hatch objects: _S"  then it says "ambiguous response, please clarify" "SIngle or SUbobject?"

On the computers that are working properly it only displays the "select hatch objects: _O"  and doesn't show the _S part.  So it's like mine is doing two selections at once or something, thus confusing the system.

Thanks!

The pickfirst variable had been set to zero.  It should be at one, so that *first* you click on something and *then* give it the command, not vice versa.  Someone else said pickfirst is notorious for getting bastardized when Windows does updates.  It had finegled its way into many of my normal functions, so although it's frustrating the thing changed on its own, it was fantastic to be able to fix mulllltiple problems with one fell swoop.

Contributor
jmldg
Message 2 of 2 (895 Views)

In case anyone has the same problem, here's the solution:

01-17-2013 11:49 AM in reply to: jmldg

The pickfirst variable had been set to zero.  It should be at one, so that *first* you click on something and *then* give it the command, not vice versa.  Someone else said pickfirst is notorious for getting bastardized when Windows does updates.  It had finegled its way into many of my normal functions, so although it's frustrating the thing changed on its own, it was fantastic to be able to fix mulllltiple problems with one fell swoop.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.