Did you mean: 

Hatch refuses to cooperate with dynamic block

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2024 Views, 5 Replies

Hatch refuses to cooperate with dynamic block

I have been building a bush cross section.

I am building it as a dynamic block as I need copies in many different sizes.

Due to the cross section I am using hatches to indicate different materials (only 2)

When I change some distances linked to actions the hatch remains inside its boundary and conforms to the new shape, most of the grips work perfectly whereas one, the top left grip, misbehaves time after time and breaks the hatch associativity.

Does anyone have an idea why this is?

I should mention that I had it working perfectly earlier, but was asked to add a fillet onto my drawing and after putting this in and tweaking everything I have no longer been able to reach perfection.

THanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Ajilal.Vijayan
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure that the hatch is associative to its boundary.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Ajilal.Vijayan

It is I believe as when the boundary changes the majoritory of the time the hatch changes, except in a few special cases.

To create the hatch I used the "Pick point" inside a boundary option. I belive this makes it automagically associative as all my past blocks created in the same way have not had this problem, it is just the inclusion of the arcs as fillets which have thrown a spanner in the works.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I have solved the issue. For now.

I changed some of the stretched objects.

Here is a file with the broken object on the left and the fixed on the right.

thank you

Message 5 of 6
nestly2

There's a lot going on in your block, but two suggestions are:

1) Use 4 hatches, rather than 1, and make them each associative.

2) After you add the fillets and modify the hatches, you have to redo the stretch frames to include the modified objects.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

In my solution file I have used 4 hatches as you suggest and it has possibly helped.

Also I did go over the old stretch frames and include the new created objects, as you can see when you play with the grips as all the objects move nicely, apart from the hatching in the broken version. You are right, the object would not work without this.

Thanks for the good advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost