Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch command issues....

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
SbrownCRI
2448 Views, 9 Replies

Hatch command issues....

I am having a pretty annoying problem with the hatch command. Hatching has always been the achillies heel of AutoCAD in my opinion. But with these newer platforms it's seeming to get worse and worse.

My problem currently is; I enter bhatch into the command line and AutoCAD just freezes and often crashes. I don't even have a chance to select a point on screen nor even a hatch pattern. The thing just zonks out after entering the command into the command line.

This doesn't happen all the time, just 99.995%.

I am not sure where the hang up is because I can start with a new file with nothing in it and try to hatch a 1'x1' square block and it will zonk.

Then on occassion I can have multiple floor plans and blocks and even images inserted into the drawing file and it works fine.

It would make more sense if I was running an old machine that barely meets the minimum requirements but I am not.

The computer I am using is has a quad core processor 3g and 12g ram, with a 64bit windows 8 OS and a terabyte of hard drive space.

I have also noticed that I am only using maybe a quarter of my CPU power and only 20% of my memory. So again, I am not sure why AutoCAD is having such problems even entering the command.

In the past it would hang up if the area wasn't closed or if the area was too large or the pattern scale was too small... but this this is just rediculous.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
braudpat
in reply to: SbrownCRI

Hello from France

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Q1) Which AutoCAD exactly ?

Q2) Which Service Pack installed on your ACAD 201X ?

Q3) Windows 8.0 or Windows 8.1 ?

Q4) Are you far from X=0 and Y=0 ?

Q5) Please have you open yours DWGs in Recover Mode then Resave them then working ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
pendean

In addition to other comments...

Are you using a vertical version of AutoCAD?
Video card? Is it a certified driver?
If you change AutoCAD's hardware acceleration does the problem go away?
What is the default HPNAME setting in the file(s) that crash? And the ones that do not?
When you started using your curent version of AutoCAD, did you use the 'migrate' feature from an older version?
Have you tried to reset AutoCAD to see if the problem goes away?

PS: There is no 'bhatch' command, HATCH is it.
Message 4 of 10
olivier.eckmann
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

can you checked these 2 variables:

HPDLGMODE 1

HPQUICKPREVIEW  off

Olivier

Message 5 of 10
drawdesign4u

I am not an expert on this but I would try checking to see if you have the proper driver for the video card

Message 6 of 10
SbrownCRI
in reply to: braudpat

@braudpat wrote:

Hello from France

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Q1) Which AutoCAD exactly ?

A1) AutoCAD 2014 (Full Version no LT)

Q2) Which Service Pack installed on your ACAD 201X ?

A2) Service Pack 1 is installed

Q3) Windows 8.0 or Windows 8.1 ?

A3) Win 8.1

Q4) Are you far from X=0 and Y=0 ?

A4) I always start drawings from 0,0,0... Peev of mine when others do not.

Q5) Please have you open yours DWGs in Recover Mode then Resave them then working ...

A5) I do have autosave on, I have tried to recover some files but it doesn't fix the issue... I have tried saving before the hatch and reopening after the crash. Often I will also do an audit and purge before the hatch as to not have remants of stuff laying around the file causing extra crunching issues.

Message 7 of 10
SbrownCRI
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
In addition to other comments...

Are you using a vertical version of AutoCAD?
What's a "Vertical Version" of AutoCAD?

Video card? Is it a certified driver?
Video card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 and yes the drivers are upto date and certified.

If you change AutoCAD's hardware acceleration does the problem go away?
I did attempt this once and does not seem to help the issues.

What is the default HPNAME setting in the file(s) that crash? And the ones that do not?
I have not checked that actually I will add this to my check lise of what is and is not.

When you started using your curent version of AutoCAD, did you use the 'migrate' feature from an older version?
I did not use the migrate feature. New computer, new software, did not want to go down that wormhole.

Have you tried to reset AutoCAD to see if the problem goes away?
I have returned it to factory install settings, none of my customizations and none of my lisp routines... and this does not appear to fix anything.

PS: There is no 'bhatch' command, HATCH is it.
I don't believe I said 'bhatch' if I did it's because my shortcut for hatch has always been "bh" as I use "h" as a command for other lisp routines when I have them mounted.

Message 8 of 10
SbrownCRI
in reply to: olivier.eckmann

@olivier.eckmann wrote:

Hi,

can you checked these 2 variables:

HPDLGMODE 1

HPQUICKPREVIEW  off

Olivier

I will check both variables now, thanks! I have not botherd with these in the past.

[Edit: After checking these variables the HPDLGMODE was 2 and is now set to 1, and the HPQUICKPREVIEW was on, now set to off. Going to run the machine this way for awhile to see if this solves my issues.]

Message 9 of 10
braudpat

Hello

Q3) You are running on Windows 8.1 !!!

Win 8.1 is not supported by any AutoCAD (even 2014 with SP 1) !

You will have to wait for 2015 versions to get official support of Win 8.1 ...

I hope it's not the source of your problem !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
SbrownCRI
in reply to: braudpat

Yeah, I have seen that... And realize that this is why I have file handling issues such as opening and closing files. But typically once I have the file open it runs okay... my only real gripe at the moment is this hatch problem. At any rate I am hoping the HP variables fix that, those are new things for me to play with that I haven't messed with in past versions. Thanks for your assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost