Did you mean: 

Hatch Boundary Problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
arkman
1632 Views, 3 Replies

Hatch Boundary Problem

I've never had this happen before I started at my new job.  I am doing a hatch around some windows that are made up of multiple lines (not on top of each other but showing the frame)  When I fill the hatch for siding around the outside it will fill in the inside of the window frame sometimes.  All of the lines are connect so that isn't why.

The weirdest part is that when the hatch is set to solid it doesn't do it.  when it is set to the siding hatch then it does it.

i've attached a pdf.  The first page shows the hatch boundaries and the second where the hatch is showing up where its not supposed.  I can fix it by removing the hatch boarder inside but i thought  maybe there was a better way so I dont have to do it each time.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: arkman

What are your hatch boundary detection settings set to? Expand the HATCH Settings pop-up and find out.
Message 3 of 4
arkman
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply. I guess i can't find how to expand that. I feel dumb, i'm really pretty good at autocad but this one has me stumped.

Right now when I hatch something i get the hatch editor in the tool bar above. Are you saying to have it pop up more like the old school cad when it was a dialog box?
Message 4 of 4
arkman
in reply to: arkman

Actually i think I got it.  I found the little arrow to pop out the dialog box.  In there I changed the island detection from normal to outer and it seems to have worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost