Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware acceleration issue with NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M GPU

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
keilanf1
9903 Views, 14 Replies

Hardware acceleration issue with NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M GPU

I just installed AutoCAD 2015, and have found that I encounter display errors when I try to run the hardware acceleration with my NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M.  The error I am getting is that the AutoCAD screen will not display correctly.  It either flashes, goes black, or leaves a trail of crosshair artifacts behind the active crosshairs as I move them around with the mouse.  Or a combination of all three of these things occurs.  If I turn off the hardware acceleration, everything works fine.  Also, when I switch to the onboard Intel HD Graphics 4000 I can turn on the hardware acceleration and everything appears to run fine.  The tuner log for both the Intel and NVIDIA GPUs states that "The card and driver meets the recommended requirement."  But it appears to me that there is some inconpatability issue with my NVIDIA GPU.  

When I run AutoCAD 2014, I can use my Intel or NVIDIA GPU with hardware acceleration and everything works perfectly.

Anyone have any insight into this?  Is this a bug with 2015?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
braudpat
in reply to: keilanf1

Hello from France

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

YES the 2015 is using some new/special features at the graphic card driver ...

2014/2013 is running OK, I imagine !?

Most often if you disable the Hardware Acceleration, you must have no problem !?

LINESMOOTHING = 0 could help but I don't think so !?

... Then you will have to wait for an update of your NVidia driver ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 15
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> It either flashes, goes black, or leaves a trail of crosshair artifacts behind the active crosshairs

I had exectly the same problem with my Quadro K1000M, and an update to the newest drivers helped.

But there is another thread >>>here with GTX760<<< (@darawork) who don't get AutoCAD running on the nVidia card at all, AutoCAD recognizes only the Intel gc.

So I would be careful with updating the driver for your card (you may try it, but maybe you'll then need to reinstall the old one? I don't know).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 15
keilanf1
in reply to: braudpat

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your reply. 2014 is indeed working fine. I have tried setting LINESMOOTHING = 0, but unfortunately that didn't solve my issue. I'll wait on the driver update and hopefully that'll solve my issue.

Thanks,
K
Message 5 of 15
keilanf1
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred,

Thanks for your reply. I checked out the thread you referenced. That's interesting. I guess I will probably need to wait until updated drivers become available.

Thanks,

K
Message 6 of 15
braudpat

Hello

If you have a NVidia Card please try the Disable the "NVidia FXXA Feature (Anti-Aliasing) !

Sometimes it could help the 2015 to run fine EVEN with the Graphic Hardware Acceleration = ON !!

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 7 of 15
keilanf1

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your reply. I checked and have found that I already had the FXAA disabled, so unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the issue. I also tried enabling this feature but either way I continue to have trouble with AutoCAD 2015 when I try to use my NVIDIA GPU with the hardware acceleration on.

Thanks,

K
Message 8 of 15
braudpat

Hello

Last chance maybe with SELECTIONEFFECT = 0 !?

I don't think so, but ...

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
keilanf1

Pat,

Just gave that a try, but unfortunately it didn't solve my issue. Thanks for the suggestion though, I appreciate all the help.

K
Message 10 of 15
marquis77

Woman Very HappyThank goodness you guys are lifesavers...I have the NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M giving me same issues with crosshairs leaving ghost trail.

turned off hardware acceleration cures the issue.

Message 11 of 15
braudpat
in reply to: marquis77

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Please just for my Info , have you tried this >>>

If you have a NVidia Card please try the Disable the "NVidia FXXA Feature (Anti-Aliasing) !

Sometimes it could help the 2015 to run fine EVEN with the Graphic Hardware Acceleration = ON !!

<<<

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 12 of 15
Leader_Mohamed
Message 13 of 15
keilanf1

<<Please just for my Info , have you tried this >>>
<<<<<

Pat - if you're asking me this question, then yes, I did try this and it did not fix the problem.

Thanks,
K
Message 14 of 15
phmeninoazevedo

Hi mates.

I found a solution for my pc.

My graphics is an AMD RADEON 8850M, but i solve changing the settings on the autocad 2015 options.

Click with right button, than click in options.

Go to System tab, there is a window called Hardware acceleration, open graphics performance and than disable.

in my case works.

Message 15 of 15
keilanf1
in reply to: phmeninoazevedo

phmeninoazevedo,

Thanks for your reply. I am aware that turning off the hardware acceleration fixes this issue, but I wish to be able to use hardware acceleration with my NVIDIA GPU.

K

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost