Did you mean: 

Grips

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
blowout
576 Views, 8 Replies

Grips

I am running AutoCAD 2014.  When I select any random object, (line, circle, block, etc.), to activate grips, the grips will go away (deselect) if I pan or scroll to grab more objects. This didn’t happen in the past. Is there a setting that I may have inadvertently changed?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
nestly2
in reply to: blowout

I've never been able to recreate this issue myself, but there seems to be an issue where dense/corrupt hatches can cause what you've described.  If you have hatches in the drawing, try deleting them, or turning off their layer and see if that fixes the pan/deselect issue.  If so, you may have to re-create the hatches to "solve" the problem.

Message 3 of 9
blowout
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks nestly2! i'll try the suggestion, but i dont recall the issue being limited to Darwings with hatches.

Message 4 of 9
nestly2

You might also check to see if it happens in MS, or only in a Layout/Viewport.

Message 5 of 9
KLYPHY

I checked my AutoCAD Notes and found this entry:

GRIPS: DISAPPEARING: 080314FR:

If the Grips disappear while selecting a number of objects, use GRIPOBJLIMIT to set the maximum number of grips permitted.

From AutoCAD Discussion Groups:C O Jones: Mar/13/08 - 21:11(GMT) in “Selecting more then 50 objects and I lose GRIPS” by: cadanator: Mar/13/08 - 20:51(GMT)

Message 6 of 9
blowout
in reply to: KLYPHY

Just rest the GRIPOBJLIMIT. it was defaulted to 50. Will test the new setting and reply back. Thanks for the suggestion!!

Message 7 of 9
Shawn_Niles

Did the GRIPOBJLIMIT setting help to resolve this? 

Shawn Niles
Message 8 of 9
blowout
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

So far so good!!! the real test will come down the road a bit, but thanks as usual!

Message 9 of 9
KLYPHY
in reply to: KLYPHY

I keep my own AutoCAD notes, gathering info from many different sites.

I always keep record of who wrote what, where, and when.

This info appears at the bottom of each note.

The answer I was quoting was frp, tje AutoCAD Discussion Groups and was written by C.O.Jones, March 13, 2008 at 21:11(GMT).

He was responding to a post "Selection more tha 50 objects and I lose GRIPS", written by cadanator

on Mar 13, 2008 at 20:51(GMT).

I like to give credit to those who solve our problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost