Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Pivot Point

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
anderson51
2516 Views, 5 Replies

Green Pivot Point

When using a Space Mouse, how does one change the green pivot point when orbiting? (See attached)

I was hoping that 3DORBITCTR would do the trick, but no luck.

Anderson51

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
doben
in reply to: anderson51

There is a setting, ORBITAUTOTARGET, that controls the position of the pivot point. Set to 1 it is centered on the object(s), set to 0 it is where you click on the screen. I don't think the pivot point can be disabled if that's what you're after.

Message 3 of 6
anderson51
in reply to: doben

doben,

Thanks for the reply. How do you get to the ORBITAUTOTARGET settings? When I type it in, its saying command no found?

I am not looking to just move the visual appearance of the pivot point, but have the target postion of the rotation be Centered on the object of my choosing.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 6
doben
in reply to: anderson51

ORBITAUTOTARGET is new to ACAD 2015 so I assume you must be using it if you are seeing the green pivot point. I'm not sure why you're getting unknown command. (By the way I'm just using a regular mouse)

Anyway, this is what I found in Help.  

ORBITAUTOTARGET (System Variable)

Controls how the target point is acquired for the 3DORBIT command.

Type: Integer
Saved in: Registry
Initial value: 1
Sets the Orbit Auto Target option of the 3DORBIT command on or off. The target point displays temporarily as a small, dark sphere when you click to orbit. This behavior also applies when you temporarily enter 3D Orbit mode by pressing Shift and the mouse wheel as you move the cursor.
0 Off. The target point is determined by where you click. The target point will snap to the nearest feature on an object when your cursor hovers over the object. The 3DORBIT command displays all objects, regardless of whether they were preselected.
1 On. The target point is automatically centered with respect to the objects visible in the drawing area. The 3DORBIT command displays only the objects that you preselected.

Message 5 of 6
anderson51

I am running 2014.

I only see the green pivot point when orbiting with the space mouse. I will have to seee if there is a setting within the space mouse that governs this?

Thanks for your help,

Message 6 of 6

Thx you save my day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost