Graphics problem in AutoCAD 2015

77 REPLIES 77
SOLVED
Message 1 of 78
Leader_Mohamed
59062 Views, 77 Replies

Graphics problem in AutoCAD 2015

hello everyone,

I've installed Autocad 2015 and I'm having a serious problems and I diden't face these problems in 2014 or 2013 versions

1 - my GUI is different  than the one in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmUhPX0Z7pM

22.PNG

2 - when I turn hardware acceleration on, I my screen be like this 

2.PNG

and when I turn hardware acceleration off the cursor keep flashing 

Untitled.gif

My hardware specifications 

intel core i7 2.2 ghz

8 Gb RAM

nvidia 525m with vram 1GB

77 REPLIES 77
Message 61 of 78
chenchri
in reply to: a.l.everett

Hi a.l.everett, 

Please install AutoCAD 2015 SP1 from the link:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2015-service-...

If you have an NVIDIA card, I also suggest you update to Quadro notebook driver 333.11:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/75464/en-us

Christopher Chen
AutoCAD Test Development
Message 62 of 78
ilia.aria
in reply to: chenchri

i installed sp1 and my problem solved . i really appriciate you.
thank you sir.

Message 63 of 78
dorri.taha
in reply to: Leader_Mohamed

i have problem my my system is cor 7 16GB RAM ATI 7600HD
Message 64 of 78

Hi,

>> i have problem my my system

Here were handled more issues, which one do you have?

Within the thread, there were discussed:

• update graphic card driver
  • update AutoCAD (current service pack is SP2)
  • turn off line smoothing
  • turn off hardware acceleration

Which ones have you tried and what were the results for the above actions?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 65 of 78
whynky
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I had the same problem with the thread owner, I updated the driver of my video card which is AMD radeon 7400 in my laptop. When I opened autocad, the cursor trail came up. i found this thread and tried the hardware acceleration to be turned off and it did worked. But someone suggested to updated or install service pack 1. I found out that there is already service pack 2 (SP2) available for download.

So i did install it (SP2) and it did worked. I enabled the hardware acceleration with no problem at all.

Message 66 of 78
dawie1976
in reply to: w64bit

I agree with you.This is just a move to sell more professional desktop cards because they are so expensive.

I work with geforce cards (gaming) and have no problem at all.Indeed,my geforce 820m on my notebook kick a wollop with 3ds max.

Message 67 of 78
gsleeman

Hi, just installed Autocad LT 2015 on a dell laptop with an i5-4310M cpu and AMD Radeon HD 8690M Graphics 2GB GDDR5 switchable graphics.

I originally had the trail issue when using the AMD radeon graphics card which SP1 and SP2 has now solved. The only thing is when I click on the graphics performance tab it still shows that the videocard being used is Intel HD 4600 when it should be the AMD Radeon?

Message 68 of 78
FullBattery
in reply to: gsleeman

I have a Lenovo G510 Laptop with AMD Radeon R7 M265. I had the problem of the mouse pointer but after installing the SP1 & SP2 and updating the graphics driver, it has been solved.

The problem now, with the Hardware Acceleration on, When I pan the drawing Civil 3d closes with an error.

Seems that still problems with graphics drivers.

Bow my hardware graphics options are always off with autocad.

Any solution?

Thanks for cooperation

Message 69 of 78
Ron-C
in reply to: FullBattery

--------The problem now, with the Hardware Acceleration on, When I pan the drawing Civil 3d closes with an error

Now i've started getting erros & crashes when Panning  (Autocad has stopped working "Windows is checking for a soulution)

%&^*ing .....So tired of 2015 !

W've paid for the 2016 subscription for our company..........If it still has video diplay problems........No more subscription for us !

We can continue for the next 10 years on 2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Specs:  Windows 7 Enterprize

64Bit OS

14 Gig mem

HP - i5 - 3.2 ghz

AMD-FirePro V3900 (Certified card with most recent driver)

Ron  (ôô)

'

Message 70 of 78
bmas55
in reply to: w64bit

I don't subscribe to this "certified list", I think it's more of a crutch to explain away software issues.

That's just my theory though.

Brian

Message 71 of 78
sharonksf
in reply to: braudpat

thanks, linesmoothing help....Smiley Happy

Autocad 2016
Message 72 of 78

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series Touch, Windows 10, 16GB, Intel HD Graphics, 1TB.  I'm still having problems loading Autocad 2016, Autodesk 3DS Max and Revit 2015.  Icons are so small that I cannot even read them. Is there a settings issue I need to look at?

Message 73 of 78
gcad

I have been using the 2015 Design Suite (primaraly Architecture) since it was released. In the last several months, i would gues about 4 to 6, i have noticed image display issues. I turn the HD Accel on and off, multiple combination so selected options, I have updated my current Nvidia driver and even recently upgraded to Windows 10. My visual problams only get worse. The best way that i can describe my issues it , double vision. When selecting a object, the grab pick points seam to "float away from the acutal corner location. When zooming in and out, the visual distance seams to stay the same. 

funky_visual_#1.png      funky_image_#2.png

Any ideas if this is related to these issues. 

Im running 

Windows 10

Core i-7 4770k 

16.0 GB Ram

Gforce GT 640 

Message 74 of 78
alejote90

Hello, I have a problem and I can not fix it, two years ago bought a laptop Dell Inspiron 7537, this came with windows 8 default and eventually upgrade to Windows 10, since I bought this computer I've tried running autocad using my card Nvidia Geforce GT 750m and it has been impossible for the program to recognize and to do what the graphic accelerator uses "Intel (R) HD Graphics Family" simply do not understand what happens, since acquired this equipment by its characteristics for autocad to run completely fluid and has been impossible to achieve. if someone is aware of what the problem is I can have on my laptop greatly I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Message 75 of 78
ericgarlez
in reply to: enelson9490

Try this, http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/ cause nobody gives a **** about the topic (nobody = dell, microsoft, autodesk, etc) just another thing; if icons, and text still appears so small, then right click in the autocad icon an unmark the option for ppp.

Hope it helps.

Éric.

Message 76 of 78

Very good helpful and thank you very much!!!
Message 77 of 78

Thank you very much! It's worked & Well done !!!
Message 78 of 78
gcad
in reply to: alejote90

I recently purchased a new Dell Laptop with Nvidia Graphics card. I also could not get the system to recognize the card while running autocad (2015 Architecture along with Design suite) It kept wanting to use the Intel HD. You will have to completely disable the integrated graphics (intel HD).

In Windows 10, right click the Window icon and select the device manager. In there, expand the little carrot arrow for Display adapter. You should see both Intel and Nvidia. Disable the Intel and UNINSTALL it. You may have to access this window a few times to get it stick. (note not all systems will allow you to uninstall it. once relaunched, the system will put it back.) If this happens, disabling the HD should work.

You will also need to check the Nvidia Control Panel to verify that the device (Nvidia) is being used for your application. To do this, open the Nvidia Control Panel and click "manage 3D Settings" On the right tabs, select the program settings tab. Search for your application in the drop down window, if it does not appear, you can add it by simply clicking the "ADD" button and searching for it on your programs folder.

One last thing you could do, is locate the application icon with in the programs folder. (this may or maynot work with the short cut on your desktop) and right click the application. scroll down to "Run with Graphics Card". Here you should only see the Nvidia. 

Hope this helps. I did all of this, but not necessarily in the order i suggest. Good Luck. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost