Graphics problem in AutoCAD 2015

77 REPLIES 77
SOLVED
Message 1 of 78
Leader_Mohamed
59182 Views, 77 Replies

Graphics problem in AutoCAD 2015

hello everyone,

I've installed Autocad 2015 and I'm having a serious problems and I diden't face these problems in 2014 or 2013 versions

1 - my GUI is different  than the one in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmUhPX0Z7pM

22.PNG

2 - when I turn hardware acceleration on, I my screen be like this 

2.PNG

and when I turn hardware acceleration off the cursor keep flashing 

Untitled.gif

My hardware specifications 

intel core i7 2.2 ghz

8 Gb RAM

nvidia 525m with vram 1GB

77 REPLIES 77
Message 41 of 78

I have a quadro K3000 card which is on the list of recomended GUI's. And if i open Autocad 2015 up without a dwg file its running on this GUI. As soon as i open a drawing it reverts back to the processor graphics and starts going haywire. going into the -graphicsconfig setup. it's not allowing me to switch to the Nvidia card.

How can i change this?

Message 42 of 78
braudpat
in reply to: warwickupton

Hello from France

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Q1) Have you installed the SP 1 on your ACAD 2015 ?

Q2) Have you installed the latest NVidia driver ? ... Maybe v3.33 from May 2014, if I remember well !?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 43 of 78
chenchri
in reply to: warwickupton

Hello warwickupton, 

Besides Pat's questions, I think your graphics card should be K3000M?  There is no K3000.  The M in K3000M means you are using mobile workstation and very probably have 2 graphics cards in your system: 1 Intel, 1 NVIDIA.  

If this is the case, please make sure to install AutoCAD 2015 SP1 from the link of my previous post. 

The option to set AutoCAD to use Intel or NVIDIA card is not inside AutoCAD.  It should be inside NVIDIA control panel.  If you have driver correctly installed, you should find the opiton when you right click on AutoCAD desktop shortcut. 

Christopher Chen
AutoCAD Test Development
Message 44 of 78
ScotBIM
in reply to: chenchri

....hmmm . . . . is this service pack for the suite or stand alone versions?

Does it matter that I have Civil3D version 2015, 2014 and 2011 installed??

Because when I run the install, I get the message:

The service pack could not be installed because the expected Autodesk product could not be located on your computer, Make sure you are using the correct service pack for the product.

Message 45 of 78
nrz13
in reply to: ScotBIM

ScotBIM:

The current service pack is for plain AutoCAD 2015 only.  The suite versions will follow later.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 46 of 78
warwickupton

All

It looks like your suggestions have solved the issue, thanks. SP1 was installed for AutoCAD2015. (i actually have plant design suite) The K3000M driver update to 337.88 was also installed. So far things are going ok now. thanks.

Message 47 of 78
ScotBIM
in reply to: nrz13

Later? This week, this month, this year, or just . . .  "later"?

I have to decide whether our CAD & BIM users upgrade altogether as a team to ver.2015 - there are specific improvements and bug fixes in upgrading from 2014 to 2015 Civil3D in particular that we require implementing, well, now.

A timescale would be appreciated, I can fight off Project Managers and clients for only so long. Robot Mad

Message 48 of 78
nrz13

I'm not sure when exactly "later" is as we only use plain AutoCAD in our office.  You might want to try posting in the Civil3D forum and see if anyone there can tell you how long it normally takes.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 49 of 78
jwlarocque
in reply to: Leader_Mohamed

I was having this problem (at the very least it was visually identical).  Disabling the dedicated GPU fixed the problem, but of course resulted in much lower performance.  On an Optimus system the dedicated GPU cannot run without the integrated graphics, so disabling that was not an option.  NVidia stable driver 337.88 (latest for my system, up from 335) fixed this problem, without so much as requiring a restart.

Message 50 of 78
braudpat

Hello

The SP 1 has been released first for ACAD 2015 and ACAD LT 2015

Then now it is available for ACAD Architecture 2015 and ACAD MEP 2015 

Next step will be the SP1 (SP 1.1 or SP 2 in fact because there was already a special HotFix 1 for MAP improperly called SP 1)

Next step will be the SP 1 for CIVIL 2015 ... So please be patient !

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 51 of 78

Same problem here. It was not a problem with AutoCAD 2015 until today when I installed SP1. Disabling the Nvidia PhysX gpu acceleration makes no difference. Is there an easy way to uninstall the latest update?

Message 52 of 78
chenchri
in reply to: steventurkel

Hi steventurkel, 

The SP1 can be uninstalled from Control Panel > Uninstall a program > View installed updates.

But before uninstall, may I ask you to check your Device Manager > Display adapters?  What is under it?  Is there WDDM displayed?  Usually if you install the correct driver, the problem won't happen. 

Thanks

Christopher Chen
AutoCAD Test Development
Message 53 of 78

i have just bought a new laptop and i install autocad and have the same problem with the curser (graphic problem) my graphic card is amd 8850m 2gb i want some help please thanks

Message 54 of 78
chenchri
in reply to: mohammedopop

Hi mohammedopop, 

Have you installed AutoCAD 2015 SP1?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2015-service-...

(If you are using LT or other AutoCAD based products, you need to find the corresponding SP1 to install. )

Christopher Chen
AutoCAD Test Development
Message 55 of 78
krenar
in reply to: Leader_Mohamed

Hello.

I have installed AutoCad 2015 on my Acer E1-572G laptop (2Gb AMD Radeon R7 M265 graphic card) and appeared the same problem. Then I've installed SP1 and problem disappeared but in the hardware acceleration window still shows the Intel HD Graphics 4400. Is that normal??

Several years I used AutoCad 2013 and had never seen this problem. Please answer me what's rong with this AutoCad ?

Message 56 of 78
chenchri
in reply to: krenar

Hello krenar,

Sorry for the issues you met with AutoCAD 2015.

Actually the issues are related to new laptops with the Optimus (NVIDIA) or Switchable Graphics (AMD) technology.

AutoCAD team has been working with hardware vendors on both of them.  The cursor trail issue has been fixed in AutoCAD 2015 SP1 and NVIDIA also released the fix in their latest notebook driver.   For the second issue you mentioned, please make sure AutoCAD uses high performance setting in AMD control panel.  If this is set correctly, AutoCAD should be using AMD card.  There could still be some chances that the wrong card name (Intel) is displayed inside AutoCAD.  We are working with AMD on that.  But it should not affect your use of the product.

Christopher Chen
AutoCAD Test Development
Message 57 of 78
dpedavidb

Hi Christopher,

I have just purchased and installed (today) AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 on a Dell E6420 Win 7 Pro, i7, 16GB, NVidia NVS4200M...I have the trailing cursor problem...screen flashing etc...I'm not sure the service pack applies to me... can you assist please?

Thanks,

David 

Message 58 of 78
braudpat
in reply to: dpedavidb

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Q1) Have you installed the SP 1 for CIVIL 2015 ?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-aut...

Q2) You are running on a Dell with a BASIC graphic card : NVidia NVS4200M

But which version & date of the driver ?... Have you tried to update your driver (if it is possible) ?!

Please remind that :

The NVIDIA NVS 4200M (or NVIDIA Quadro NVS 4200M) is a business graphics card for laptops !!

Q3) Have you tried to run WITHOUT Graphic Hardware acceleration ? Is it OK ??

Waiting ...

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 59 of 78
dpedavidb
in reply to: braudpat

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the speedy advice. 

I just installed the service pack and it's solved the problem.

Much appreciated!

Regards,

David

Message 60 of 78
a.l.everett

Hello Christopher - I recently purchased a new Thinkpad and am having this problem.  Has a fix been released yet?  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost