Graphics problem in AutoCAD 2015

77 REPLIES 77
SOLVED
Message 1 of 78
Leader_Mohamed
58895 Views, 77 Replies

Graphics problem in AutoCAD 2015

hello everyone,

I've installed Autocad 2015 and I'm having a serious problems and I diden't face these problems in 2014 or 2013 versions

1 - my GUI is different  than the one in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmUhPX0Z7pM

22.PNG

2 - when I turn hardware acceleration on, I my screen be like this 

2.PNG

and when I turn hardware acceleration off the cursor keep flashing 

Untitled.gif

My hardware specifications 

intel core i7 2.2 ghz

8 Gb RAM

nvidia 525m with vram 1GB

77 REPLIES 77
Message 21 of 78
chenchri
in reply to: garyl

Hi @garyl I think your problem is not related to what's discussed in this thread. Sounds like AutoCAD cannot get the focus. You may want to try just install AutoCAD 2015 alone to see if it's really AutoCAD 2015 that caused the problem or if it's something else.
Christopher Chen
AutoCAD Test Development
Message 22 of 78

Autodesk will release a hotfix in the next few day,
my feedback https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rhtnzp2ednzo8d/the%20hotfix.zip
Message 23 of 78
ushiopix
in reply to: Leader_Mohamed

Hello guys,

Is there any more information regarding the „hotfix“ mentioned before in this thread? Like when it will be available, or how to get it, if it's already out?

Aurelijus
Message 24 of 78

Right click on the icon "HARDWARE ACCELERATION" is located in the bottom right, open "GRAPHICS PERFORMANCE" and turn off hardware acceleration, but would have to disable your graphics card.

I hope you work and mark me as the answer.Nvidia.jpg

Message 25 of 78

Can you share with us the hotfix?, would be helpful thanks.
Message 26 of 78
ushiopix
in reply to: arch.padilla

Hello,

I'm not sure, if that works, but when you are on a laptop disabling onboard video card is not the best sollution, at least to me. When I'm away from home, or on the road, or anywhere else without the charger, I'd like to take most of my battery life, and that's what onboard card is for. So keep disabling it while you're using AutoCAD, and enabling after you're done, is somehow not the best expierence you could have. And having in mind that other Autodesk products (3Ds Max Design, Inventor etc.) works fine without any changes in your system, feels wrong and unnecessery. Plus hardware acceleration give much smoother working proccess. I'd like to keep it 😞

Aurelijus
Message 27 of 78

Can I have the file, please?

Message 28 of 78
VitalyF

Hi,

On a clean Win8.1x64 with AC,AME,ACA 2015 same problems with display.

Solving the problem for me - installing the driver using a multilingual utility

Snappy Driver Installer ~500kb does not require installation!!

also find and download database of drivers - "SamDrivers" virsion 14.4 or 14.5  ~7gb

the result is very good 

Vitaly

Message 29 of 78
botman
in reply to: VitalyF

Sounds like spam/virus to me bro!

Message 30 of 78
chenchri
in reply to: ing.carbone

Hi @ushiopix  @arch.padilla @ing.carbone  

If you want the hotfix, please send your email to me in private message. Also there is a new WHQL driver 333.11 posted by NVIDIA that should fix the problem: 

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/75464/en-us

Christopher Chen
AutoCAD Test Development
Message 31 of 78
s.c.kristalijn
in reply to: chenchri

Does this hotfix work for AMD enduro systems as well?

Message 32 of 78
chenchri
in reply to: s.c.kristalijn

Hi,

Yes.  Autodesk's fix works for both AMD Enduro and NVIDIA Optimus. 

Christopher Chen
AutoCAD Test Development
Message 33 of 78
botman

Hi Christopher,

Do you know if any hotfixes are available for the FX4800 quadro cards aswell? 

Best regards,

Stefan

Message 34 of 78
gary.vanroekel
in reply to: garyl

I am having exactly the same problem, so you're not alone. I'll be working along and then everything in the display area will simply stop working. The command line works, and I can click on commands in the ribbon, but am unable to do anything. It happens randomly.

Message 35 of 78
bbrovont

Hey all,

So, I had the same problems as Leader_Mohamed on installing 2015, and found this post.  I tried installing the 333.11 and 337.xx Beta drivers, in that order, from Nvidia's site, but had problems with both.  I wound up solving the problem by using Lenovo's drivers to downgrade to an older driver, then using the System Update utility from Lenovo to upgrade to their latest Optimus driver.  This seems to have solved the ACAD issues on my rig.  So, just wanted to share that in case it helps someone else running a Lenovo W series laptop.

Brian Brovont

Lenovo W530

Windows 7

Core i7-3630QM

Nvidia K1000M

Message 36 of 78
braudpat
in reply to: bbrovont

Hello

1) As I have already said, you have to install the latest NVdidia driver (for example v3.33 - May 2014)

And test ... with ACAD hardware graphic acceleration ON

2) If always problem : please try to disable the "FXAA AntiAliasing Feature" of the NVidia driver for "ACAD.exe" program !

For me and my Dell Precision M4600 and its NVidia Quadro 1000M : it is THE Solution !

3) If always problem: wait for a NEW NVidia driver or wait for the SP 1 for 2015

You can test it - Please follow link to get the Beta-Test version ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 37 of 78
braudpat
in reply to: braudpat

Hello

If you want to test the SP 1 Beta for 2015 :

http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2014/05/beta-test-the-autocad-2015-service-pack.html?utm...

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 38 of 78
chenchri

Hello,   

AutoCAD 2015 SP1 has officially been released.    

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2015-service-...   

It contains the fix for cursor trail issue on laptop systems with dual graphics card. From now on, you can install the SP1 instead of asking for hotfix or using workaround like turning off Optimus.    

Sorry for the trouble and thank you all for reporting the problem. 

Christopher Chen
AutoCAD Test Development
Message 39 of 78
braudpat

Hello Christopher

Is the Beta SP 1 "very near" from the FInal SP 1 ??

In other terms, for somebody who has installed the SP 1 Beta and is "happy" :

is it necessary to UN-Install ACAD 2015 then Reboot , RE-Install , then Final SP 1 ...

Thks in advance for your advices ...

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 40 of 78
chenchri

Hello Pat,

They are very close. But I recommend uninstall Beta SP and install the finial SP, because there still could be slight difference.

Christopher Chen
AutoCAD Test Development

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost