Graphics problem in AutoCAD 2015

77 REPLIES 77
SOLVED
Message 1 of 78
Leader_Mohamed
58896 Views, 77 Replies

Graphics problem in AutoCAD 2015

hello everyone,

I've installed Autocad 2015 and I'm having a serious problems and I diden't face these problems in 2014 or 2013 versions

1 - my GUI is different  than the one in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmUhPX0Z7pM

22.PNG

2 - when I turn hardware acceleration on, I my screen be like this 

2.PNG

and when I turn hardware acceleration off the cursor keep flashing 

Untitled.gif

My hardware specifications 

intel core i7 2.2 ghz

8 Gb RAM

nvidia 525m with vram 1GB

77 REPLIES 77
Message 2 of 78
w64bit
in reply to: Leader_Mohamed

Please try to draw a leader using QLEADER.

Can you see the lines before you end the command?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 78

Hi,

update the nVidia driver, I had a similar problem when turning on hw-acceleration the whole graphic area flickered with every mouse move.

Since the driver update everything works fine.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 78
justshutup

don't see your video card on the reccommended or certified list for 2014.  Don't know that it would be either for 2015...

Message 5 of 78
nrz13

Have you tried turning on Hardware Acceleration but with Line Smoothing turned off?

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 6 of 78
w64bit
in reply to: justshutup

This so called "reccommended or certified list" it's a big hoax.

On my computer the video card Quadro 4000 is not certified for 2014 and it's working perfectly.

If I use 2015, the card is reported as certified but is working very poor (bad hatch selection, non smooth mouse movements, mouse leaving trails, leader not displayed until command end ...).

Message 7 of 78
braudpat
in reply to: w64bit

Hello from France

YES unfortunately Autodesk has changed something in its 2015 graphic interface to the graphic card driver !

So a graphic card running well with 2014/2013, can have strange problem with 2015 !

1) Disabling the Hardware Graphic Acceleration mostly solve the problem/bug but ACAD is slow ...

2) Try LINESMOOTHING = 0 - Could solve the problem but I don't think so ...

Please follow this Topic :

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/AutoCAD-2015-27-unfixed-bugs/td-p/4916232

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 8 of 78
nrz13
in reply to: w64bit

w64bit:

Where did you find a list of "certified" cards for 2015?  I've only been able to find this on the Autodesk website, which only goes up to 2014 right now:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534

If I could reference an Autodesk list saying my card was certified, I could then fill out a subscription support ticket.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 9 of 78
nrz13
in reply to: nrz13

The Certified Hardware page has been updated for 2015.

My certified card is not fully working as indicated.  Also, the certified driver they list is currently shown as a beta driver from 2013 on the AMD website.  The latest AMD drivers did not work for me.  I've submitted a support ticket.

Message 10 of 78

thank you guys, but none of the suggested solutions worked with me 😞
Message 11 of 78

Hi,

>> but none of the suggested solutions worked with me

Really .. even disabling the hw-acceleration does not help, shows the same flickering?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 12 of 78
braudpat

Hello

If you have a NVidia graphic card : have you tried to DISABLE the "NVidia Anti-Aliasing FXAA" Feature ?

Does it help ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 13 of 78
Bert_Douma

@Leader_Mohamed

I have exactly the same problem as you, and none of the above solutions solve my problem!
The only solution for me is to disable hardware acceleration!
Until there's a solution that I'm going to switch back to version 2014 ....

(sorry for my crappy English)

Message 14 of 78
rkmcswain
in reply to: nrz13

nrz13 wrote:

w64bit:

Where did you find a list of "certified" cards for 2015?  I've only been able to find this on the Autodesk
website, which only goes up to 2014 right now:

When you select a suite, then 2015 is not available.

If you select AutoCAD, then 2015 is available.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 15 of 78
chenchri
in reply to: Bert_Douma

Hi @Leader_Mohamed and @DoumaCivieleTechniek, Sorry for the cursor trail problem you met with AutoCAD 2015. This problem happens to laptop systems with two graphics cards and have Optimus(NVidia) / Switchable Graphics(AMD) technology enabled. We have been working with Nvidia for some time on this and a fix will be released soon. I have sent you private messages asking if you have interest to try out the Beta fix. If don't want to try the Beta fix for now, you can disable Optimus/Switchable Graphics in the BIOS as work around - the following link explains how to do this. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Hardware/Disabling-nVidia-Optimus-amp-Perform-Clean-Install/m-p/436328... Thanks for your understanding, Christopher Chen AutoCAD Test Development
Christopher Chen
AutoCAD Test Development
Message 16 of 78
Leader_Mohamed
in reply to: chenchri

ok, check your PM.

Message 17 of 78

I installed the nvidia beta drivers v 337.50, and everything seems to run fine now. Smiley Wink

GTX 760M

i7 4702MQ

12GB RAM

Message 18 of 78
atelierbump
in reply to: chenchri

Hi! I wolud really like to test the beta hotfitx. I'm trying to evaluate version 2015, but the graphics problem its a major trade off, turning off hardware acceleration its awfully slow. Thanks

Message 19 of 78
garyl

I think my problem is related to this thread so I will post it here.

I installed autodesk product design suit premium 2015, Checked out inventor since that is where a majority of my work is done and it worked fine.

opened autocad and soon learned that the cursor was screwey, no crosshairs, just a arrow cursor when in the model space, and it didnt work, if I selected line and tried to click a starting point it continued to ask for a starting point, then I went to the command line and found that when I typed nothing was entered, but when I hit the enter key it returned like I would if it was a blank line. 

So I opened acad 2014 and thought I could work but suddenly have the same issues there (It worked fin right before installing 2015). I uninstalled autocad 2015, ran repair on 2014, still no good. I also find that some buttons do not react to the mouse action, for instance I go to polar tracking and it lights up when I hover over it, but nothing happens when I click it, it should toggle on or off, but right next to it is 2d object snap and it works fine. 

running W7-64 on a dell precision notebook, I updated the nVidia drivers to the latest (332.76), I tried resetting my profile by going to another one and then comming back, It didnt work in either profile.

hardware acceleration is off, but that is one of the buttons that doesnt respond so I cant find a way to run performance tuner, or see if it would work with HW performance on.

Any ideas of what to try next would be appreciated.

Message 20 of 78
garyl

Just a bit of an update:

I uninstalled product design suite 2015 (all of it) and things still not working, so I did a system restore to right before I initially installed product design suite and got 2014 back to working.

I guess I should wait a month or two until they have a service pack with some fixes before installing a new product, Does Acad even beta test? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost