Did you mean: 

Glitch with shape fonts

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
owen66
364 Views, 4 Replies

Glitch with shape fonts

so i've got a user that has an issue with his shape files (fonts).

Things i've tried thus far:

restarting autocad

resetting autocad profile to default then adding the single path to our network fonts and restarting acad

deleteing and reinstalling his ttf fonts (as i think shp files are based on ttfs, correct?)

rebooting the computer

rebooting and logging in as a different user

repairing autocad

the last thing i haven't done is uninstalling autocad and re-installing it. but before i do, i just figured i would throw this out to see if anyone had any thoughts that i could check out before bringing out the big guns,

here's a video deomonstrating the phenomenon

http://youtu.be/RDg6R6K5fVE

and i've attached the windows PSR file as well

"Aah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention...science has it all."
Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: owen66

Post the DWG file, let's all have a look: not sure the 'shape' fonts description is descriptive enough even with the video and html files.

Message 3 of 5
owen66
in reply to: pendean

the file is completely fine when viewed on any other computer. so it's some environmental thing, which is always super fun to diagnose. i think my usual solution is (and prob will be for this) RE-IMAGE.

i just figured i'd share in case someone is like "turn this setting off" or something simple like that.

"Aah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention...science has it all."
Message 4 of 5
brice.couch
in reply to: owen66

Hello owen66,

If that machine has Service Pack 2 installed, please try the big font hotfix. It fixes some crashing and text display issues in service pack 2.

AutoCAD 2015 Big Font Hotfix

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-AE-autoca...

Regards,

Brice

Brice Couch
Message 5 of 5
owen66
in reply to: brice.couch

Thanks Brice - i just found another instance of it and it seemed related to SP2. so i'll try that fix and see how it goes.

That was it.

Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost