Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geolocation Online Map FONT in Autocad 2015

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
RickRappe
743 Views, 6 Replies

Geolocation Online Map FONT in Autocad 2015

Is there a way to adjust or control the font sizes and styles used by the bing Map (Geolocation Online Map) as viewed from within AutoCAD Civil 3d 2015? I realize this will be part of the Bing server/mapside functions, but it seems there should be a way to modify the fonts similar to how you can with Google Earth through the underlying map delivery engine.

Overall the map is very useful now that it can be part of the drawing, but the font quality can be too small, too blocky, etc. depending on the scale of the drawing which often can not be adjusted to fit the needs of the map to improve quality...

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: RickRappe

Message 3 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

do you mean the font used to show the copyrights of the areal image? Then sorry, imho there is no option to control the font or textsize for that.

The quality depends on the quality setting of the areal image itself.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 7
RickRappe
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

do you mean the font used to show the copyrights of the areal image? Then sorry, imho there is no option to control the font or textsize for that.

The quality depends on the quality setting of the areal image itself.

- alfred -

No. I mean things like the road names. The text changes size and position as you zoom in or out and sometimes it is a reasonably readable size, and others it is too pixelated or too small to read when added into a drawing. I realize it may be unlikely as it is driven by the Bing Map servers, but it seems like a potentially easy fix that would make the hybrid map more User/Print friendly.

~Rick

Message 5 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> The text changes size and position as you zoom in or out

Than you have the chance to capture the image using command _GEOMAPIMAGE. That gives then an embedded object with constant text size (as long as you don't update it).

You can first zoom so the text size fits to your needs ... or you create a layout with a scale that make the text's showing like you want ... and than capture this area. You can additionally choose then the resolution between "Coarse" and "Very Fine" for tuning the label resolution. But be careful: capturing the image, especially with "Very Fine" setting makes your DWG-file quite large. So when you do that save the drawing with image set to "Coarse" and just before plot raise the resolution.

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 7
RickRappe
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

>> The text changes size and position as you zoom in or out

Than you have the chance to capture the image using command _GEOMAPIMAGE. That gives then an embedded object with constant text size (as long as you don't update it).

You can first zoom so the text size fits to your needs ... or you create a layout with a scale that make the text's showing like you want ... and than capture this area. You can additionally choose then the resolution between "Coarse" and "Very Fine" for tuning the label resolution. But be careful: capturing the image, especially with "Very Fine" setting makes your DWG-file quite large. So when you do that save the drawing with image set to "Coarse" and just before plot raise the resolution.

HTH, - alfred -

We'll give that a try. Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
RickRappe

I have passed this info on to CAD to try. I will update the thread when I hear if this helps resolve the visual problems created with not having functional font controls on the Bing map fonts.

~Rick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost