Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Autocad 2015 Block Editor

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Ron-C
4458 Views, 8 Replies

Full Autocad 2015 Block Editor

Here's one.see if you get the same result.

This is for users still using "Classic Autcad Tool bars" (Yes I'm still using them !)

Start a drawing new or exisitng that has a block.

single click on block........start Block Editor

Make any kind of change.

Then click "Exit Block editor"

Select "Save Changes"

Once this is done..............the Block editor "Tool bar across the top remains in place

It's not selectable,

Running with "Hardware Accelaration "ON"

Let me know if anyone sees this !

Thanks

Ron

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Ron-C
in reply to: Ron-C

Same results with "Hardware Accelaration" OFF

Specs:

Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit OS

i5 3.20 Ghz

6 gigs Mem.

AMD FirePro V3900

AutoCad 2015 64bit

Thanks

Ron

Message 3 of 9
Pfilc

Confirmed. It appears to have closed the block editor (back to normal editor window), but left the Block Editor toolbar displayed.
Message 4 of 9
nrz13

Ron:

I had a problem similar to this back in AutoCAD 2012.  Is this what is happening for you?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012/Redundant-Block-Editor-Toolbars/td-p/3021222

Unfortunately, the only fix for that for me was through a Service Pack.

I am not experiencing this issue with 2015.  I have the Ribbon turned off and one custom toolbar outside of the drawing area.  I have Hardware Acceleration on but Line Smoothing turned off.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 5 of 9
zalant
in reply to: nrz13

This behavior was reported to us during the Beta program for AutoCAD 2015 so our developers are definitely aware of it.

On my system here, oddly, I can get it to happen in LT 2015, but not full AutoCAD 2015.

I found that turning any docked toolbar on or off, undocking a docked toolbar, or docking a floating toolbar will make the ghost Block Editor toolbar go away.  Also, toggling between workspaces will turn it off.

Zac Travis
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: zalant

is there any answer to this problem ? , I am having a similar issue with a client that I am supporting , Did SP1 solve this issue for 2015 ? 

Message 7 of 9
Ron-C
in reply to: Anonymous

It does appear that SP1 corrected the problem for me.  OTHERS ?

Ron

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

sp1 didn't seem to work for me.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

but sp2 did!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost